Hey locals! How's the water temp and musky bite?

• Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Hey all. Heading up there for our annual musky trip and wondering how the water temps are, and how the bite has been. Looks like a lot of wind tomorrow, then settling down for the weekend with a chance of rain Sat. We have a few guys that have yet to land a musky (of any size), so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have hooked into two, but have yet to take a photo. One was on a sucker in the hole at the mouth of the Jump, and the other on a crankbait on a rock pile. Each time I had a headshake or two, but failed to get a good hookset on my lighter tackle.

How has it been?

bigpike

Saw a guy at the bait shop in phillips heading that way for a week. He was taking $160 in musky suckers. Locally the water temps are dropping about a degree a day and are currently around 48. You will get similar temps in Holcombe. Musky fishing and fishing all around has been great for the last week. Good luck, not a Holcombe specific report but it should help a little…

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

WOW! $160 worth of suckers? Hopefully the guy had some luck. I thought the temps might be a bit lower, and it seems they are. Oh well, hopefully something is hungry.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Well, on Friday we had 44 degrees around the mouth of the Jump, and 47 a ways down the lake due to the wind. Sat/Sun and we had 47-49 all over the lake. I did have a friend land a 44″ on a sucker Friday, and I finally landed my first 38″ musky also on a sucker on Sunday. One other boat we talked to and the guy said he landed two within 25 mins of each other also on live suckers.

Attachments:
    1. Alan-44-2.jpg

2. Tim-38-3.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Nice fish toast toast

bigpike

You did very well for yourself!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.