Help with Lowrance Hook 5x Reveal

• Tim Holmes

Hi Folks:

My name is Tim and im new to the forum (Gosh, this sounds like AA)… anyway,

I bought my dad a Hook 5x reveal for his birthday this year, its mounted in our boat (1974 Winner Cobra 14′ runabout) we have been out with it a couple times, but truth be told, Im not really all that sure of what its showing us.

We see what look like fish arcs, and the unit beeps and identifies them as fish, but no bites and no fish. could be the time of year — lake water is between 75 and 80 F.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to take a screenshot with the system to post here and get help analyzing, also if theres a way to open the sonar logs on the computer in some sort of viewer / analysis program that would let us review them and learn from them. Lastly, I see that the system builds a depth map as we cruise around the lake (which is TOTALLY awesome since the current map for the lake is from 1927) but I’d like to be able to merge it with others data and come up with a full map

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BTW — we are fishing Chippewa Lake in Southern Medina County, Ohio, USA

Thanks
    TIM

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Check out the YouTube search and it seems like if you watch any or all of the top three vids you should be able to figure it out. I’ve taken screen shots by holding down the power button with another, but can’t remember the other button off the top of my head. And you could just take a pi on your phone, it’ll be easier to download here to ya what you want us to see.

Mark

Attachments:
    1. ABB7071B-D02C-4EAA-B48E-B2BBEA784EDA.png

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Tell us how you really feel about Reveal, but this time don’t hold back.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hi Folks:

My name is Tim and im new to the forum (Gosh, this sounds like AA)… anyway,

I bought my dad a Hook 5x reveal for his birthday this year, its mounted in our boat (1974 Winner Cobra 14′ runabout) we have been out with it a couple times, but truth be told, Im not really all that sure of what its showing us.

We see what look like fish arcs, and the unit beeps and identifies them as fish, but no bites and no fish. could be the time of year — lake water is between 75 and 80 F.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to take a screenshot with the system to post here and get help analyzing, also if theres a way to open the sonar logs on the computer in some sort of viewer / analysis program that would let us review them and learn from them. Lastly, I see that the system builds a depth map as we cruise around the lake (which is TOTALLY awesome since the current map for the lake is from 1927) but I’d like to be able to merge it with others data and come up with a full map

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BTW — we are fishing Chippewa Lake in Southern Medina County, Ohio, USA

Thanks
    TIM

Do you have the Navionics or C-Map Genesis mapping? I believe with Genesis you can playback you trip’s mapping online IF you get the subscription. I am no plussed with the free Genesis mapping. You can upload your mapping, but they just add it to the community map.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.