Help Needed – Suzuki Service

• huntinforfish
    Participant

Looking for shops in the north metro that service Suzuki 4 Stroke outboards. Any direction appreciated. Motor is 60HP

Dean Marshall
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Riverside in Elk River does.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Hallberg Marine in Wyoming does, a little further North though.

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

What is the issue and what size motor? Don’t hear of many issues with Zukis.

huntinforfish
    Participant

Motor is a 60 FS. Seems like a fuel pressure issue to me. Idles fine for 10-20 seconds then starts acting like it is running out of gas. When trying to throttle up, it will go for about 1/4 throttle and then begin to cut out and after it starts, it runs rough. I’ve done some research and I have seen anything from fuel lines, filters to pumps being bad with similar issues. Any input or advice is welcome. I will likely bring it in regardless.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Cabelas in Rogers worked on my 200 Suzuki 2 years ago. Might be worth a call.

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

I would agree that it sounds like a fuel issue. I have a 140 and had something close to that one time. Got out to the lake for the first time and was trying to get on plane and it started losing power and running rough. Suzuki has a pretank for fuel and i didn’t drain the tank before and that fuel went bad from sitting. I just ran it for a bit and it finally cleared up. I ran that tank dry this year and had no issues on start up this season. Old gas, bad fuel line, etc. Just need to check each off the list and it will be fine.

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

Rapid Sport Marine in Ham Lake and power Lodge in Ramsey are also listed as dealers.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Sounds like an air leak or a blocked filter. Thoroughly check fuel hose and fittings for leaks including all under cowling fittings. Pump bulb with cowling on, wait 5 minutes, then take cowling off. If it smells like gas, find out where it is coming from.

I think those have a combination separator/filter under the cowling, if yes I would replace it unless it has been done very recently. Do test run and see if performance improves.

Grouse

chubby
    Participant
    Bloomington

Food for thought, first time I have ever heard of someone having an issue with a suzuki OB on here. Hmmmmm

yooper2
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

I had a similar issue on my DF140. I changed out the low pressure fuel filter, fuel hose and primer bulb and problem has not been back. Fairly easy fix.

If you attempt to fix yourself, Brownspoint Marine’s website has full diagrams and parts for all the Suzuki motors.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.