Help finding a Lure – Larger musky size spinnerbait

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Many years ago I purchased a few spinnerbaits at a sportsman show. I think they were made by a local ( Minnesota or wisc. lure maker). The head was attached to the arm with a loop and oring. The design of the head was shaped much different than most spinnerbait heads. It was kind of a oval shape with a slight cup design. The head and the body of the lure kind of rocked side to side. It also gave off a big vibration. I wish I had a picture of it. I lost my last one on my last trip to Canada. I’m not sure what even happened. A had a big strike and only can up with the arm attached to the leader. It looks kind of like a Musky Mayhem Hinge ( Picture attached ) but the head design was different. More Oval and cupped. Anyone have any idea of who may have made it.

Attachments:
    1. Musky-Mayhem-Hinge.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Kind of like this

Attachments:
    1. Musky-Mayhem-Hinge-1.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The cupped head sounds like Headbanger’s design, but they don’t make a spinnerbait that I’m aware of.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The cupped head sounds like Headbanger’s design, but they don’t make a spinnerbait that I’m aware of.

It was shaped much like their design. It was a poured or molded lead I Believe. That head design is real close !!!! Picture that with a spinnerbait arm and a skirt and it would be real close.

Attachments:
    1. Headbanger-rocker-head.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I wanted to say Esox spinner baits but I think the head is attached.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I wanted to say Esox spinner baits but I think the head is attached.

Nope not a Esox. The head on this one was hinged for sure. It may be from a small home lure maker and he may not have made them long. Never seen another one like it. Was a nice bait and had a action and vibration like no other spinnerbait I’ve seen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I may try and get some of those Headbanger rocker heads and play around and try and make something similar to what I had. Just not sure those heads will hold up will to Large Pike and musky. Anyone here have any experience with the Headbanger rocker’s???? What material are they made out of. How solid are the eyelets on them????

Bob Bowman
    MN

Ace makes a spinner very similar and I believe Thorne has them.

Also, check out Lil’ Hustler, they make a sweet spinner too👍

I’ve been really happy with Lil’ Hustler.

bigfatpike
    Rochester NY

Was it Flamminlures super mag spinnerbait
    Jb lures pro lazer spinnerbait
    Or

Attachments:
    1. 622A96F8-4203-4C12-A8DB-0FE26673BAE5.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Was it Flamminlures super mag spinnerbait
    Jb lures pro lazer spinnerbait
    Or

Nope. It looked nothing like that. It had a hinged head. Almost shaped like the headbanger head attached to spinnerbait arm

bigfatpike
    Rochester NY

Is this it but different color

Attachments:
    1. 8C75189A-0EF9-442C-B28E-95CD538016E1.jpeg

Ripjiggen

Oops.

Attachments:
    1. 9CC50365-C69A-48EA-9179-6DED01A44CC0.jpeg

bigfatpike
    Rochester NY

Musky mayham 6” hinge

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That Musky Mayham Hinge looks real close if not the correct bait. I think the head design may be slightly different. But its real close. I think the bait I had may have been a proto type of this bait. or a early version of it. Like I said I bought it as a sports show many years ago. Maybe as much as 20 years ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.