Helix software updates.

• Jason
    Participant

Just a heads up, I updated my Helix units to the latest 2.440 version last week. I’m not sure what was all in the update but I can surly see a difference in the readout quality on my front MDI/MSI unit along with less intererance throughout the boat. I was running version 2.18 prior which I had updated last spring. It took me a while to update everything including the basemaps but it was worth it.

arcticm1000
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for posting. What generation are your Helix units?

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

I heard mapping problems with shallow high lights and some other problems with the new update.

Jason
    Participant

I heard mapping problems with shallow high lights and some other problems with the new update.

I didn’t notice any highlight issues myself. I run (3) G3N units with Lakemaster cards. I adjusted the lake depths and highlited the areas I wanted to define like before. I do know that my Ulterra”s MSI side imaging worked much better. Prior to the update that transducers clarity was so-so.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thanks for the headsup. I’ll have to see if mine have the update also. My transom SI has been awful cluttered lately high in the water column.

Jason
    Participant

There is a bug with the shallow water highlight in the latest update.

Yes, I do agree that it is highlighting the deepest areas of the lake in red as well. It is kind of annoying but I will gladly take the other benefits since I’m not looking at the mapping screen all of the time… the next update says the fix is coming.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.