Helix mega live ice kit to summer?

• Matthew Sandys

Does anyone know if there is an easy conversion to use the helix mega live ice kit to in the boat? I know you can buy a separate pole but wondering if there was a more economical route?

Matthew Sandys

Don’t make me ask my wife…She knows everything!
    No summer conversion kit?

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

No summer conversion kit. I got the mega live ice package. To use it on my boat I had to buy the components that hold and rotate the mega live transducer. And then mounted them on a Brew city pole. Those components are fixed on the Ice pole so you can’t remove them. You can’t buy those parts on the open market. I had to order them through Humminbird directly. Not the cheapest route.

There is a possibility of rigging some RAM components to clamp on the ice pole and position it in the water. But then it wouldn’t rotate easily.

Matthew Sandys

Gizmoguy,
    I thought that but never knew. I hope HB comes out with something clean and simple. Makes it a little less hard to swallow the price tag.

RH

I tried to do the same thing last summer with limited success. I used the same ice pole so the transducer mounting was unchanged, but I removed the ice plate and made a “T” out of PVC pipe. I think it was 1.25″ ID pipe. The long base of the T I put into a rod holder in my boat. The short end went over the ice pole. I drilled hole through the rod holder and pipe and put a long screw through to secure it when in use . It worked OK if it wasn’t too rough as it tended to move around a fair amount.

Attachments:
    1. 20220706_192341-scaled.jpg

RH

I tried to do the same thing last summer with limited success. I used the same ice pole so the transducer mounting was unchanged, but I removed the ice plate and made a “T” out of PVC pipe. I think it was 1.25″ ID pipe. The long base of the T I put into a rod holder in my boat. The short end went over the ice pole. I drilled hole through the rod holder and pipe and put a long screw through to secure it when in use. It worked OK if it wasn’t too rough as it tended to move around a fair amount.

Attachments:
    1. 20220706_192341-1-scaled.jpg

Matthew Sandys

I like the idea of using the rod hold like that. I will have to look into it a little move.

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I simply change the transducer from a summit mount used for ice fishing, to a brew city mount/pole setup for summer use… I mounted aluminum sliding mounts on the gunwale, like those you would use to mount downriggers, and can move the transducer about the boat with ease… I keep my Helix 9 mounted on the ice box I built, and have a very efficient, portable unit… But luckily, i was able to fork out the cash…

I’m like to convince a buddy to put the same sliding mounts on his boat so we can bring it along when we use his boat..

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I ran into this issue recently as well. I purchased the Brew City CT360, and went to remove the transducer mount from the shaft of the HB ice pole… no joy. I ended up ordering the Humminbird ML Open Water Adapter Kit from Scheels (see attached). It was another costly upgrade, but at least it comes with all of the cables I’ll need to rig the boat the right way.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0907.png

dennis smith

I dont know if this will help. I have a mega 360 and bought this bike repair holder. It holds my original pole and swivels out of the way when I travel. It will spin in there depending how tight you have it. It may or may not work for you but I thought I would show you.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230726-184713_Gallery.jpg

2. Screenshot_20230726-184730_Gallery.jpg

3. Screenshot_20230726-184746_Gallery.jpg

4. Screenshot_20230726-184754_Gallery.jpg

5. Screenshot_20230726-185544_Gallery.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.