Helix and garmin echomap UHD screen resolution?

• BAR

Hi, is there a noticeable difference in screen resolution? Currently have a helix 5 G2 and think the screen is good. It seems the G4 helix have about double the pixels of the garmin. I have a garmin73cv still in the box, want to make sure I will like it before I unpack so I can return if the helix is better overall. Having had cataract surgery, I am 20/20, so vision is good:-) Appreciate it.

TOM

I wouldn’t worry to much about the resolution but more so on how user friendly the unit is between the two.

Aboxy17

I love my 73cv I have not owned a helix so I could not compare. I will say that the touch screen on the Garmin has worked great in some very cold weather and also when the screen is wet from rain or snow.

BAR

Thanks, going to take it out this weekend and give it a go. Seems the lvs32 set up is on sale with the plus having come out.

Karry Kyllo

Both the Helix 5 and the Garmin 73cv have 384,000 pixels on their displays but the Garmin 73cv has a display that is about twice as large as the Helix 5 at 24.5 square inches compared to 12.5 square inches on the Helix 5. That makes the resolution on a Helix 5 30,816 pixels/ square inch as compared to 15,671 pixels/square inch on the Garmin 73cv.
    Larger screen size or better resolution is the choice.
    I have several Humminbird Helix models and several Garmin UHD Ultra models and I like them all.

BAR

Set it up today, I do like it. The bag/case is weak. It looks like to tilt the screen I will have to mount it further up and no longer be able to close the bag. Going to pick up screen cover and skip the bag. Super light set up with amped 15ah battery.

Ripjiggen

7 fits fine in my bag. I have the small bag.

BAR

Are you able to tilt the screen to view from a standing angle? I can get it to fit, just doesn’t allow me to tilt it based on wires hitting batteries.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Are you able to tilt the screen to view from a standing angle? I can get it to fit, just doesn’t allow me to tilt it based on wires hitting batteries.

The instructions tell you to use the rear hole configuration. Which I did, but you are correct the cables would hit the battery and not allow full tilt. I thought that was stupid so I redid it using the front holes and it still fits in the bag and zips up just fine. Can also tilt fully.

BAR

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BAR wrote:</div>

The instructions tell you to use the rear hole configuration. Which I did, but you are correct the cables would hit the battery and not allow full tilt. I thought that was stupid so I redid it using the front holes and it still fits in the bag and zips up just fine. Can also tilt fully.

Thank you, that is great information.

Ripjiggen

Honestly don’t remember how I mounted but don’t have an issue sitting standing or kneeling to see my screen. Then again I’m kind of short. whistling

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.