Helix 10 ice

• Kris Berg

Might be a dumb question, but I am wondering if the ice transducers for the Helix 5 and 7 would work on my Helix 10 GN2 SI? I have not seen any topics regarding this question.

djshannon
    Crosslake

I am not an expert but I have been looking at humminbirds for ice fishing. Only Helix 5 & 7s have the ice fishing flasher screen functions.

There are two versions of the ice transducers, one for normal 2D and the other supports 2D chirp.

For a helix unit that supports chirp you can used either but you would prefer the chirp compatible transducer.

Another thought, with the new “G3” models announced the “G2” models ought to be getting cheaper.

I might wait wave

Kris Berg

I was wanting to use my Helix 10 generally for the GPS, but if it does not have the flasher option like the 5 and 7 does, then I will just get a power cord to plug my Helix 10 into the cig lighter in my vehicle to use the GPS and stick with my FL-20 for in the shack.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

You don’t need the flasher screen, sonar works great, not sure how the rest of the software would work on ice such as ir settings and other ice specific settings.

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

What he said!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I just started using my Helix 7 on the ice this year and I don’t even use the flasher setting. Just the 2D real time split with GPS. It doesn’t take very long to get used to actually. I use it now over my FL-18. Also allows a buddy to come fish with you and be able to use your other flasher and actually catch fish. The only downfall I’ve heard with using the 9 and 10s on the ice is they drain batteries very quickly and they are too heavy for a lot of the flasher bases that you would be able to mount a 5 or 7 on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.