Heated Socks, Insoles, or ???

• huntinforfish
    Participant

I dont remember the price, but Costco had a couple heated sock/insole options on the shelf when i was there a couple days ago.

sandbar
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

I picked up some Wasoto heated socks a few weeks ago. Feet and lower legs get cold quickly due to blood flow issues. Very happy with them so far.

Cam White
    Participant

No you have a good boot dryer like a peet and use it? Doesn’t matter how warm your boots are, if the trapped sweat isn’t dried out, your feet will be cold in minutes once you put in damp boots.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Yep, good point on the boot dryer. This is a gift purchase. Don’t want to get any junk!

Thanks,
    – J.

Dean Marshall
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I had & used the therma cells for several years. Good in the boat but miserable to hunt/ walk in. Im back to the charcoal toe heaters or charcoal inserts.

TMF89
    Participant

I have poor circulation too, and pretty much always wind up with cold feet. I bought a pair of cheap heated socks on Amazon, and they actually worked pretty good. One of the batteries did go bad after about a year and a half, but replacements aren’t that bad (although I haven’t bothered getting one yet. The socks had three power settings that would last pretty much all day if I alternated through them (the battery had a button on it and it was at the top of the sock, so getting to it wasn’t a huge issue). One thing I will say is they’re mostly synthetic and cotton, so they don’t wick super well, and my feet usually do wind up sweating a bit. Having said that, the heating aspect did manage to keep my feet warm, even with a bit of sweating. I’ll probably find a replacement battery, or do some research and see if there are any better pairs out there.

Having said that, I mainly really like the socks for days with large temperature swings, like if I’m out deer hunting and expecting it to change 30 degrees throughout the day. Then I can wear a lighter boot and still stay warm. If I’m ice fishing or expecting constant, extreme cold, then I just throw on the Baffins and call it good.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.