head count, who’s ready for spring?

• CaptainMusky

We may have survived the worst of winter with this recent cold spell and looking at the upcoming forecast. No doubt it can still get super cold, but the days are getting longer and even at 10 degrees the sunshine will clean off the roads in a hurry.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Forget spring, I’m ready for summer! And flying out next week to find it, and umbrella drinks in the Dominican. Can’t wait!

Michael Best

I have been ready for spring since the beginning of January.

There is something about spring fishing that gets me excited.

Chamberlain SD is calling me.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m ready. The extended forecast looks mild and then I head to the FL Keys in 12 days. Be gone a week and then it’s basically March, hoping March will start melting.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I seem to start dreaming of open water when Feb 1 hits.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s right under your nose already

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

It’s right under your nose already

Thank god. This season has been a rough one for me. I’m going to be hitting the trout streams for the majority of these last couple months of winter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thank god. This season has been a rough one for me. I’m going to be hitting the trout streams for the majority of these last couple months of winter.
    [/quote]

I don’t blame you. I have hardly ice fished this year compared to a normal year, and I’m already over it. My boat was prepared yesterday and I’m ready for p2 then the rainy and Green Bay. It felt like spring this afternoon

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I am ready to be in the woods chasing after turkeys, no lie. I’m gonna go shed hunting and scouting this weekend, as I’m not quite sure how the ice will be. Might have to bring the 20 gauge with me in case a rabbit wants to run. grin waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m in pain waiting for Pepin to open up.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I’m only ready for Turkey season. Other than that i love winter and cannot stand hot summers. Rather have negative weather than 80.

Still have a few trips of fishing .

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sure feels more like spring this afternoon than winter.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m nursing a sunburn from a few pool days in Palm Springs. It’s crazy how quickly one can forget the power of the sun, especially with a half dozen cocktails mixed in. I’m ready for that to be more of the norm.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

Sure feels more like spring this afternoon than winter.

It is glorious, a sloppy mess but glorious

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Been a day since I’ve had the boat out. This sucks. Two more long days before getting to go again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Been a day since I’ve had the boat out. This sucks. Two more long days before getting to go again.

The woman and I will be out all weekend with you guys. Say hi if you see the red and tan monark.

Iowaboy1

We have had a very very mild fall here, awesome daytime temps and night time lows, the trees here a splendor to behold.
    But I dread what is to come known as winter, and I am ready for spring and it aint Nov. yet!!!
    Screw the ice, wind, and cold !!!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Bring on Spring!

I only ice fish with effort for the first few weeks of ice up, then as it’s pulling away from shore at the end.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Once we get to January, I’m ready for spring.

November and December I can easily keep myself busy hunting.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Once we get to January, I’m ready for spring.

November and December I can easily keep myself busy hunting.

need to get into fishing hard water !!

stevenoak

The first day it drops below 60 degrees!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Been there, done that. I’m good. I’ll let you guys fill that void and I’ll just comment and spectate.

I’ve been considering taking up coyote hunting in the winter though. Maybe this is the year I actually do it.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Need cold i’m too old and fat warm weather is no good. I will not complain about cold but warm yuck.

A lot of good weather coming for hunting and fishing. Do I want it to be turkey season sure do but I do want my winter. Boat was put away this week.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Been there, done that. I’m good. I’ll let you guys fill that void and I’ll just comment and spectate.

I’ve been considering taking up coyote hunting in the winter though. Maybe this is the year I actually do it.

I need coyotes killed. I’ll let you in over here.

Viewing 24 posts - 31 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.