Hds 8 ram mount

• walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

Hey guys. I’ve been looking for a ram mount for my lowerance hds 8 and am having a hard time.. Anyone know which one works best and is really stable? Or if there is a different style that is best? Anyone have a used one for sale?

Thanks Joe.

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

Do u remember/know what model
    Exactly?

mattgroff

Get one from tackle warehouse called ballzout they are the only way to go super sturdy and will not disappoint. I have had a ton of ram mounts and they are junk. Once u get the ballzout mount you will never go back. Hell its so durable you could tie your boat to the dock with it and it wouldn’t move. The price is a little high but they are all aluminum and very well built.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

My son has the balzout it’s way better than my ram mount
    Stan wave

CaptainMusky

I don’t own one, but if I were to get a new mount it would be the ballzout. I looked them over and the other options including the cisco and the ballzout is more solid with more adjustability than the cisco.
    Regarding the ram mount, you would want the 2.25″ ball for an 8 or above. I have the 1.5″ model and my HDS 7 (non-touch) will move a bit. My hds 7 touch unit doesn’t move at all with the 1.5″. I think if you had a hds 9 touch, you would be fine with a 1.5″ ram mount. The touch units a much lighter.
    The other thing to think about is if you go with a longer arm, you should plan for a larger ball. The GPS acts as leverage with the longer arm. I have a 4″, 6″ and a longer one that I think is 8 or 10″. The shortest arm locks down really well for any of my HDS units, but the longer one I have some trouble with unless I really winch it tight. I have all 1.5″ ball mounts.

Chad Leton

What type of boat are you mounting this on? Bass, Multispecies? Where on your boat are you mounting it?

Chad Leton

If you’ve got a flat or vertical surface, RAM makes a swing arm mount that is awesome. You’ll never worry about your RAM arm being tight again. They’re also less expensive than the 2.25″ ball mounts.

Flat:
    http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-109HU

Vertical:
    http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-109VU
    Horizontal Mount

Great suggestion Fishinfreaks! Have these RAM mounts on my MX for larger units and after using round balls on previous boats will prefer these mounts for their stability and functionality!

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I have an extra one of the 2.25 inch ram mounts I’ll sell you if you want. I originally bought it for an hds12 but instead went with swing arm. I have the ram 2.25 for a hds9 on my dash and it is rock solid. It is new in the bag. Forget what I paid for it but I’ll knock some $ off the retail price.

Matt

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

What type of boat are you mounting this on? Bass, Multispecies? Where on your boat are you mounting it?

It’s going on my 16 ft tiller sylvan back troller. Was looking for something where I could switch it over to my dads Lund pro v also. He has a 2 inch (I think) ball mount on it from previous owner. Want my gps points in both boats lol. Mainly do walleye or musky fishing

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I replied to your pm. Let me know if you didn’t get it.

Matt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.