Humminbird Transducer location on Ranger 621

• t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

If anyone could post pictures of the location they mounted their Humminbird transducer with Side Imaging on a Ranger 620 or 621 it would be appreciated. I’m trying to see where the best place to locate and get the best performance for SI. Thanks. If you would rather email the pictures please send to: [email protected]

jhalfen

Tim,

Do you have a jackplate on your 621?

Rigging on the plate is done for a lot of bass boats. It keeps the transducer out of the water (out of danger) when the boat is on plane, and in the water at low speeds to make use of SI. These installs get a second, through hull puck for hi-speed 2D operation. Current Humminbird fishing systems will automatically switch between the SI and 2D transducer as a function of speed.

If I remember correctly, the cost on that thru-hull puck is well under $100….cheap insurance for the more expensive SI transducer.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,

For pictures of various boat transducer installations try Yahoo Groups “sideimaging” (IE. yahoo.com groups “sideimaging”), then go to “photos” link, then go to “Installation: transducer Photo” (Note: that link will be on the second screen 21-40). There you will find tons of transducer installations. I would guess that the best idea for your boat you would want to do an HDSI mount in the cavity in front of the main motor (or a jack plate mount) and then a thru hull transducer for 2D (vertical beams) connected to a splitter cable to the sonar unit.

Just a thought,
    Roger

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

No jackplate on my Ranger. I will check out the Yahoo group for pictures on installs. I’m not too concerned with the 2D imaging as I will still be running my Lowrance units for this but was going to purchase a 997 for my kicker using the sideimaging and mapping while scouting and trolling. At a $1,299 price tag its tough to pass up on a 997 for the SI and new mapping features.

mojogunter

I have a 621 with SI. I added another transducer that I shoot through the hull so I can still see depth while on plane, and the SI transducer is in the picture. It works perfectly like this. I just had to buy an adapter cable from Humminbird so the unit reads from the rear ducer for SI and temp, and normal sonar it uses the other ducer. If you have any questions let me know. If you need help let me know. Charles

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thank you Charles!! That was exactly what i was looking for. Once i got looking at my transom i was thinking of the same area to put one. It seems like a good place that is not obstructed by any objects.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Tim buddy,

Did you forget rule #1.

If you don’t want the “Bird” flu….keep the mask on!!

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Tim buddy,

Did you forget rule #1.

If you don’t want the “Bird” flu….keep the mask on!!

I hear you! I’ve always been a Lowrance man but with questionable quality control and poor customer service I can feel the feathers wanting to pop out of my skin!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

That’s okay Tim. I hadn’t wrapped your Christmas present

yet anyways.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

That was a good one! You are going to love that unit. I have a Pro getting back to me with a special price on a couple HDS 10’s so the decision isn’t final yet.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Based on the weather lately you may still have time this

year to try out an SI or SS unit……….on that infamous

shoreline.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.