A Side Imaging look inside a boathouse

• jhalfen
    Participant

Boathouses were once a staple of lake homes. Current shoreline zoning regulations have led to the decline of this type of structure, with only older boathouses dotting the shorelines of our lakes.

Here’s a Humminbird Side Imaging look inside a boathouse. As you can see, the water in the boathouse extends quite a ways back…farther back than the original shoreline. This particular boathouse has 3 bays, and a boat is present in the middle bay. The lower unit of its motor is the bright white return in the center of the middle bay, with the sonar shadow from the lower unit preventing us from seeing the water between the lower unit and the back of the boathouse.

lundgeye
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

Jason, you’ve become a serious pro at using this new SI technology…Awesome shots you post here as usual. Thanks for sharing. I’ll have a SI hung on the boat by next year.

outdoor_guy
    Participant
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I’m loving my 997c si. I have 3 other Lowrance units in the boat that I don’t even turn on any more. Sonar alone is WAAAAY better.
    Been using it on Open Water Lake Michigan finding high riding baitfish and running cranks past the waiting Walleyes.
    Also incredable to run weed edges with boards without spooking the fish with the boat.

whittsend
    Participant

Hey Outdoor Guy – You fishing salmon on the big lake?? Do you happen to have any screenshots of baitfish balls / pods of kings? I’ve been itching to get over there with my 997, but my first trip isn’t for a few weeks yet….. Can’t wait! I’m hoping to get some really good shots of alewives and kings… fingers crossed!!

Whitt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.