I-Pilot Link Remote Battery Life

• smokinbobo
    Participant
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I recently installed the link and ran out of juice on the remote tonight on my 4th short outing. That’s my fault as I’ve had plenty of time to plug it in to recharge. It did make me wonder what people are seeing for battery longevity for this device when it comes to long days on the water. What say you?

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

What I have read so far, the remote battery life is 6 to 12 hours of use. Is this correct? I will be making the change I believe next spring. However I need to “Get Out” more than I did this year so far!! If I make the jump into hyperspace!

snelson223
    Participant
    Austin MN

A long day on the water is about all you can get out of the battery. Its kind of a pain in the butt. I like just the I pilot. You can get a year or two out of 1 battery.

kroger3
    Participant
    blaine mn

Sometimes I can run mine dead in a long day but not the last software update (late june early july) on the controller but the one before that (early june) helped quite a bit on battery life. Before that I could run it dead easly before days end. Updating to the latest on the controller software and driver software in your bird unit is worth it. But to sum it up charging every day is a must for me.

FryDog62
    Participant

So far the longest I’ve had it out is about 8 hours and it ran down to about an 1/8 of a tank… but still worked.

gwood
    Participant
    Murica

The battery is the weak point of this thing, for a black and white LCD that really does not need to be a battery hog it sure is short. You can buy spares from minkota for $10. Instead I installed a USB outlet in my boat.

rogerr
    Participant
    Maplewood, MN

Hi,
    I have my I-Pilot Link Remote Backlight Timeout set to 10 Min (you can drop it down to 30 Sec). That gives you some time to play with settings (spot lock, cruse speed/direction, etc.) and still save battery. Remember that all settings are saved/executed even when the remote is powered down. I also plug the remote back into USB power whenever I am “blasting” to a new location (IE. when I’m back by the console).

Take care,
    Roger

swlund
    Participant
    Cuba City, WI

I get about 1 day and then you have to recharge. I bought a 12 volt USB charger/adapter for my Skeeter 12 volt outlet. I think it was 10 bucks at Walmart. It makes a difference as I sometimes charge when running from spot to spot

smokinbobo
    Participant
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Thanks for all the info. You confirmed my conclusion that battery life if relatively short and daily charging is the way to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.