HB 360 transducer ?

• ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I picked up a Helix 10 G4 with hopes of pairing it w/ Mega 360. The 360 is on back order. I have the Helix transducer snaked down the Ultrexx shaft. If/when the 360 shows up, does the helix have a plug for both transducers or do you splice it some way. Hope that made sense. Thanks, Sam

Michael Best
    Participant

You would need to purchase a Y cable and your good to go.
    9 M360 2DDI Y is the part number you are looking for, assuming you want to run a 2D/DI transducer on the trolling motor.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks for the reply. Ice should be off here by Tuesday. Fired up! I just wish Johnson Outdoors was ready to roll out some units.

Phillip Ames
    Participant

Guys, I will be running an Ulterra one of these days when it comes in it will have the MSI transducer. I will be splitting off for a Mega 360 on a universal mount. What cable will allow me to use both the msi, and m360? Will above work?

Phillip Ames
    Participant

I forgot to add I have a Helix 10 gen4 MSI unit as well. I have a tiller boat setup. Thought I had it figured out but not so sure now. I almost think I need a second unit up front to hook to Ulterra, then tie the units together.

mojogunter
    Participant

The splitter will allow you use the 2d sonar transducer, but the SI uses the 360 transducer. I was disappointed in that because I now have to deploy the 360 in order to use SI. The unit will ask if you want to switch between the 360 and SI. Both can not run at the same time.

I forgot to add I have a Helix 10 gen4 MSI unit as well. I have a tiller boat setup. Thought I had it figured out but not so sure now. I almost think I need a second unit up front to hook to Ulterra, then tie the units together.

Phillip Ames
    Participant

MG, yes that is disappointing. I am new to the HB world. Been a Lowrance guy, trying something different. HB is a lot different in how you have to set them up.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

The mega 360 shows up today. I watched a YouTube video today where a guy adds a bracket near the end of the transducer shaft to stabilize it. Forget the name of it. Seemed to make sense. Anyone use one or feel the need. Thanks. Sam

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

My understanding is to hook it up to the main battery and have a switch to turn off the 360. Is that how you cats do it ? Fired up to try it out. Thanks, Sam

mojogunter
    Participant

The transducer turns on when the unit is in the water, and shuts off when it is out.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks.

BrianF
    Participant

The transducer turns on when the unit is in the water, and shuts off when it is out.

Not sure if this is normal, but the transducer on my mega 360 spins even went out of the water and stowed. The transducer still spun when the unit was paused. I resorted to turning the transducer power off before stowing it each time.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

My guy a going to put a switch by the starting battery for the Helix and the 360– just to be safe.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Just. Brought it home tonight. On the water tomorrow. Can’t wait.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Maiden voyage. Worked well. Cool to pick out isolated weeds and rock and to catch a few.

mojogunter
    Participant

There are a couple brass contacts on the top of the unit when deployed that are supposed to turn the unit on when in the water. Does your unit say that the transducer is out of the water? Mine does and doesn’t spin while stowed

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I get a speed alarm on the other networked Helix when I’m on plane. Annoying. Need to figure that out. Seems to run fine otherwise.

eyekatcher
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

My speed alarm goes off when the 360 is deployed and speed exceeds 7 mph as in manual. The unit should not be deployed above 7 mph or you could bend the shaft on my unit.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

I unchecked the 360 box from the networked Helix on the wheel. Works just fine now. Thanks.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.