Musky Fest in Hayward

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just wanted to mention it was June 25-28. Fun, fishing oriented event to take the family. Way more stuff for wive’s then men but nice. I accidently caught it last year for the first time with my wife and it was cool. Middle of the day live band in the street. I’m plannng on taking her again this year. We go in the middle of the day and dont stay long but I’ll bet the nights are really fun too!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I heard they were gonna have free shuttle service to this place just north of town…. I think the place was called something like the Phipps?? My wife really enjoys hearing about going to that place. Or maybe not.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

You haven’t lived until you’ve been to phipps….

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

dinner at Turk’s and an evening matinee at Phipp’s. the little woman always loves that one.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I just love Phipps, just don’t blink too long or you’ll miss it!!!

Mark

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Why, when we mention Hayward ,does the best little drink bar always comes up?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How does a musky fest post turn into a strip club discussion?
    There’s one of those babies right near my cabin in Trego too but it looks pretty discusting from the outside. Never been in yet.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Me and the lady will be up there camping that weekend too. Should be interesting being it’s my first trip to Hayward. We’re staying on lake Nelson

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

life:

Are you staying at Revelles??? If not stop in, have a drink, check the place out and say hi from Mark & Liz!!! Heck their little girls could be old enough to be bartending now!!!

Mark

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Yup Revelle’s is where we are camping at. The GF camped up there as a kid too. So she taking my there for my first trip, being we went to mine last year. Best part is her dad is letting me bring along his boat!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Sure, now you are going to make me remember everyone’s name. As for boating and fishing, Nelson was a superb lake to fish. I remember getting into a bunch of walleyes the first trip up there in a NW bay filled with wood. Never produced much after that, but we used to love the first ice trip there to fish ‘eyes and panfish. Great place and even greater people!!!

Mark

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

That’s what I keep hereing is it’s a great lake. And great people. I’m excited to get there and get some fish and slide up to the bar and a good camp fire at night. To me the priorities are perfect. Fish and relax

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

you will probably catch a ton of stunted largemouth bass unless it’s gotten better over the last 5 years or so..

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

the guy who owns the joint in Trego also owns Shooters on 94. you might be surprised on the quality..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Well stop on by and lets go! I sure as h@#&% aint going there alone. I already asked my wife but she doesnt plan on crossing that boundry in her lifetime.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Almost time to go just 2 more weeks!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yesireee. Looking forward to it. Especially since I have the following week of work.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Already checked that link out thanks alot though! Can’t wait to get there!

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

One more day until we’re off!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m leaving after work today then gone until July 7! I know the time will go way too fast. Not sure when I’m hitting Musky Fest. Either Friday afternoon/evening or Sat sometime. Going with a group so I cant run the show. If it were my choice I’d go a couple hours early Sat. I got all next week to fish. Would have been nice to hook up with one of the regulars up there. Plan to go bassin on Spooner Lake at least once along with my other goto spots. Mostly fish my lake.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I’ll be on Nelson Friday the 26 thru Tuesday the 30th. Got the father inlaws rig too so I can’t wait to put it thru the paces.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.