Hayward area water level update

• jhalfen
    Participant

In short: it stinks!

Water in many area lakes is down 2 feet or more. On our home lake of Spider, the channel between big spider and little spider is wading only. Less than one foot deep in several areas and very narrow. In order to move my crestliner through, I had to take everybody out of the boat and have one person push and the other pull. The junction between Clear lake (the location of the primary DNR launch) and little spider is about 8 feet wide and inches deep. Another wading only spot. The small channel that we have in front of our place, where we watch muskies spawn every spring, is high and dry. Not damp, dry!

If you are boating in the Hayward area this upcoming holiday weekend, the word for the weekend is CAUTION. Shallow spots that you have buzzed in the past are no longer safe, they are hazards.

As for the fishing….well, I caught all my fish this weekend on Wissota, on the way home from up north.

chico-diablo
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Fished a 2 day tournament on LCO, water is low there also, did not do well ,but oh well. Water levels are down about 2 feet, one guy did get into Little LCO, but he had a 17 foot, boat. They larger boats could not get through. The sand bar to the entrance into the channel to Grindstone, is out of the water. Really need some of this rain up there. Also found out that there is a steel pipe in about 30 feet of water that is standing straight up and is only about 1.5 feet below the surface. , Has a milk jug tied to it now. Club mostly caught Large mouth, but there where some dandy small mouths. Be carefull up there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.