LCO Musky/Walleye bite?

• staads
    Eau Claire, Wi

just curious to see how everybody has been doing on either walleye or musky on LCO. i’ll be back up at my cabin for the 4th. had pretty good luck over memorial weekend on rocks at night, but would like to find a good bite with the sun still out. any info would be appreciated. if you’re up there for the 4th send a message and maybe we could share a seat or just take down a cold one. thx

staads
    Eau Claire, Wi

there has to be someone fishing Lac Courte Oreilles. anything would be a big help. thx again.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

EC’angler:

If I was having good luck with the walleyes on the rocks at night, I would try the same area in deeper water close by. Maybe do a couple of drive bys with the sonar and see if you can locate some archs, then formulate a game plan from there.

You can also troll on LCO, perhaps running that area to check out for some suspenders.

Mark

jhalfen

Now is certainly the time to start looking for suspended fish on LCO. Pull spinners and snap weights beind boards. If you have 2 people in the boat, run 4 lines and vary your snap weights to give you a good depth profile behind the boat.

vman59
    Barron,wi

I have a camper I go to every weekend just a few miles from LCO and am on it every weekend.Walleye bite has been consistant for me with a few minor adjustments. Been getting the eyes on the deep edges of the cabage weeds 10-14fow.Usinf a leech under a slip bobber but use a colored hook, chartruese and orange have been the best about 3ft off the bottom.could figure out what was coming through the cabbage that high and then the slip bobbers started laying on their sides. haven’t caught any eyes on slip bobers before 8pm pretty much a late evening bite for me.

staads
    Eau Claire, Wi

thx i’ll be heading up on tues night and will post a full report when i get home. thx to all again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.