Lac Courte Oreilles – Any advise?

• douschmi
    Minneapolis, MN

I am heading up to LCO this weekend with my brother-in-law to do a little walleye/smallie fishing. i am fairly unfamilar with the lake – does anybody have any tips? not looking for GPS coordinates, just some large scale pointers.

Thanks

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Rigging shiners on the deep weed edges works good in the summer.I havent been there this early in years.Post how you do.Good Luck!!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This spot is no secret, but a spot worth a try would be pitching a jig/minnow combo off Wisma Point in low light hours. I spent a couple openers on LCO and that was a consistent bite for me.

Good luck!

Sully

douschmi
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the info guys – now the weather just needs to hold up.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I also have never fished this lake early in the year. I have heard some good things though on early fish. I know Jason Halfen may have some info for ya. I think he fishes this one and Grindstone, but I could be mistaken.

vman59
    Barron,wi

went up and opened the camper up and did some eye fishing on lco, its a sunset bite o up on te shallows. Used Rapala longcasts, gold/black , silve/black and fire tiger.Also picked some up before dark in the deeper water just out from the rocky shoreline.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.