Lodging/Resort Recommendations

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Planning two trips for the summer, thinking about the Hayward area… One trip in June will include the family (wife, son, daughter, myself) so we’re looking for a family-oriented locations (water sports, beach, hiking, biking, etc — oh, and fishing). Another trip in August to celebrate our wedding anniversary (just the wife and I) so we’re looking for quiet, romantic, hiking, biking, etc — oh, and fishing!).

I’ve never been up to that area before so I’d really appreciate any recommendations I can get!

Thanks….

Glenn

jhalfen

There are dozens of great places in our neck of the woods. Let me recommend one place for both of your trips. It is great for families and couples alike. True northwoods atmosphere. Great accommodations. Fantastic food. Big sandy beach. On a great lake for eyes, smallies and muskies. I have stayed there many times over the years and I’ve never been disappointed. Our family bought a cabin 3 years ago so we don’t vacation anymore, but I still swing through the restaurant whenever I’m on the lake, which is about once a month in the summer and fall. The best burgers between Eau Claire and Duluth!

Garmisch resort on Lake Namekagon.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Hey Jason, thanks for the tip and recommendation! Checked out their website – looks awesome! I’ll be calling this week and placing reservations.

Gotta love this website…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Has anyone stayed at the Fred Thomas resort or Grandpines? Any comments on either are appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.