Webb Lake

• willowcat
    Lake City, MN

MY BROTHER IN-LAW JUST BUILT A CABIN ON WEBB LAKE. WE KNOW THE PIKE, BASS, GILLS, & CRAPS ARE GOOD, BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE WALLEYE IN IT?

todinaca
    Galesville, Wi

Webb lake is such a nice lake – did he build the cabin on upper or lower webb lake – my dad was raised less than a mile from there, and went to school at Webb Lake school. He has great stories of fishing it when there were no cabins around it.

If there are walleye in it, there are not many. Also, there are a few smallmouth in the lake, but again no many. We also would go bullhead fishing there once a year.

Enjoy the lake!

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Are you talking Webb Lake by Hackensack? If so, they don’t have many, but do have some giants. They are real deep also. Very large pike in the lake also.

Its been about 10 years, but we did fairly well on Webb for Walleyes. We got in to some big fish in late fall, but we also caught some nice eaters during the summer months. Didnt really know what what we were doing back then, but cabbage weeds in 15 ft on summer nights seemed to produce fish for us on cranks.

todinaca
    Galesville, Wi

Humm, I was assuming (probably incorrectly) this was the Webb Lake just east of Danbury, Wisconsin, on hwy 77?

willowcat
    Lake City, MN

Yep, thats the one just east of Danbury. We know some other people that also have a cabin on the lake. They gave us a tour of the lake, very nice lake. that sand bar is something else, I would hate to hit that running wide open. We realy like that area and hope to get a place of our own up there some day. untill then we’ll just keep visiting, we have to, I’m kind of adicted to the pizza at Rosenthal’s.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice country. That’s where I do most of my snowmobiling and weekend fishing in the summer. I never report on my hotspots up there but I’ll throw one out. Birch Island lake for unusually large sunfish/punkinseed. Not saying you can catch a bunch but I have never seen such size anywhere, ever. Must be in the gene pool there. Not sure about bluegill but I have seen many of these wierd sized sunnies including 2 weeks ago. One would be nice for mounting. Bassin can be decent there too. No eyes. Puny pike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.