Hayward should be great this weekend!

• jhalfen
    Participant

A July-like heat wave should really get the fish moving in the Hayward area this weekend. I’m looking forward to 4 days on the water, starting in a couple of hours. Crappies should be shallow either spawning or getting ready to go, and sunnies should be close behind. Look to shallow, windblown weeds for eyes. Use smaller offerings for the musky opener; big salt and pepper tubes are a secret weapon, as many ‘skis are targetting shallow crappies for snacks at this time of year.

With luck, I’ll have a full report at the end of the weekend. Hope to see some of you on the water, and I look forward to reading some stories next week.

micah-witham
    Participant
    Richfield

The brothers and I are chasing some early morning muskies/smallmouth tomorrow on the St. Croix. Should be fun.

jhalfen
    Participant

Well, I didn’t get as much time on the water as I had hoped, but good times were had and fish were caught nonetheless.

The water on our lake has warmed up nicely. Shallow bays are in the mid 70s already, and the main lake is nearly 70. We CPRd a lot of LM bass casting shallow SR5s in blue steel and firetiger to shorelines and weedy main lake bars. A couple of SM bass were CPRd on jig/leech combos on deeper rock. One small musky on Saturday night and a couple of 11-12″ crappies rounded out the catch. No eyes, but our lake has about 4 walleyes in it so that’s no big surprise.

Hope to hear some more Hayward reports from the holiday weekend!

chico-diablo
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Fished Spring Lake for awhile on Sunday, caught sunnies, perch, crappie, and LM Bass. It just got 2 hot. Fished with Crawlers, worms and crappie minnows, water was in the mid 70’s. Caught most of them just west of the island. Heading back up this weekend, brother wants to fish Barker or Barber, not usre which one we will go to. Later

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Hopefully the Namekagon will be kind to me this weekend.

marbles
    Participant
    Northwest Wisconsin

I’m heading to Lake Owen tonight and will split my time between smallies and walleyes. Tight lines this weekend!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.