Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Fun holiday. One of my faves. My wife already got pinched for not wearing green! jester Got my green on and just counting the hours to my first beer! toast
    Have a good weekend.

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

We’ll be starting our pub crawl at 11 this morning to catch the bagpipe/drum band’s circuit.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Heard it was the coldest Paddy’s in 30 years. Kinda has me grumpy after the sub zero wind chill at the bus this morning. But… I am looking forward to making corned beef and cabbage and drinking some Guinness later today!

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Never celebrated st Patrick’s day, but every one have fun and be safe.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Heard it was the coldest Paddy’s in 30 years.

I heard that too. And just 11 years ago in 2012, it was the warmest. 80 freaking degrees.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Happy St Patrick’s day everybody!

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

My fondest memory of St Patricks Day was when the bar I was frequenting at the time died too many kegs green and we were drinking green beer for cheap for the next couple weeks!

ThunderLund78
    Participant

All you good Irish Catholics eating Corned Beef and Cabbage on a Lentin Friday?? jester

I’m not Irish but will be raising many a’glasses tonight at my neighbor’s legendary 48 hr March Madness tip-off party.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

All you good Irish Catholics eating Corned Beef and Cabbage on a Lentin Friday??

No way a Catholic is eating beef on a Friday during lent!

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

Pastrami or corned beef? The biggest decision I plan on making today is how to build this reuben.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

just counting the hours to my first beer!

I think I can still taste the last one from last night.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Rolaids help that.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Best place to go eat some cornbeef tonight?

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I’m looking into that around here as well. My guess that being a Irish pub, that Jimmy’s pour house in Sauk rapids will have it for sure. I think that is where my wife and I will be right after work. She will not eat corn beef or Cabbage but I’m sure she will find something else she likes there.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

O’Mallys in Woodbury has been serving it all week. Today would be a tough day to try and eat there. Its going to be a madhouse. They have a heated tent outside that fills up fast and with this weather the bar will be PACKED. Everyone will be having fun but just getting a drink is difficult. So buy two at a time!!!!

The_Bladepuller
    Participant
    South end

Mugg’s in downtown Wahkon is doing a St Pats celebration & the normal Friday meet raffle starting at 6:00.
    There is 6″ to 8″ of fresh snow but blown around & tough to measure.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Who needs luck when you’re this cute! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, from Fritz and Remi! mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. fritz-and-remi-march-2023.jpg

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

It’s -12 windchill, what is so Happy about it? Or is this St. Patricks way of driving the snakes from MN? chased

I miss Jimmy’s Pour House, loved that place for any meal, especially breakfast. St Patty’s is a good time there and it’s not a drunk fest, which is nice when going somewhere to eat.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Yeah, looking to get into a plate full on the south end of town.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I miss Jimmy’s Pour House, loved that place for any meal, especially breakfast. St Patty’s is a good time there and it’s not a drunk fest, which is nice when going somewhere to eat.

Jimmy’s is really fantastic. I havent been in there in a long dang time however. Tonight at 5 O’Brian’s in Rice is having someone play bagpipes now that would be a good time, but its going to be packed so Im not going.

Pat K
    Participant
    Empire, MN

As a Patrick here is a sign I saw at the Dublin airport about 10 years ago.

Attachments:
    1. st-paddys.jpg

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Jimmy’s is really fantastic. I havent been in there in a long dang time however. Tonight at 5 O’Brian’s in Rice is having someone play bagpipes now that would be a good time, but its going to be packed so Im not going.

I knew it was a silly ? but I called them to verify that they do have corn beef and cabbage today. The guy laughed. He said Yep. It starts at 11:00. Hope they have plenty on hand. I’ll not get there until 4:30 or so. I hear a few Green Beer’s calling my name.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Green beer no thanks. But I will be making several black n tans with the Guinness

Erik Swenson
    Participant

Green beer no thanks. But I will be making several black n tans with the Guinness

Ooh yummy…what you using for the tan lindy?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Howies in St Stephen was going to do Corned Beef for lunch but had to drop it off the special because something happened and it didnt get done in time. It will be available for super however. Im not sure Im a fan of corned beef but I cant say when I actually had it. The name just kind of bugs me LOL

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Im not sure Im a fan of corned beef but I cant say when I actually had it.

I like it, but for the cost they are charging right now, no thanks. Sourkraut on the other hand is a great way to ruin corned beef. Actually kraut is a great way to ruin anything lol

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Saurkraut disgusts me. Just the smell of it makes me gag.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Turns out Bo Diddle’s Combo sandwich has corned beef so I guess I do like it. LOL

tswoboda
    Participant

Corned beef is fine and cabbage is great, but I’m really just in it for the horseradish

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.