Equipment Upgrade

• flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

After several years of looking for a planter upgrade we finally found a good deal. This ended up being a custom cut and refurbish job for a great deal. JD 7000 series with Kinze bean meters and adapted for 3 point. Also found a great deal on a JD brush mower with a brand new gear box and slip clutch. Hard to find good deals on some of this stuff. They seem to disapear just as fast as they are put online. Took 3 years of looking to find a solid deal on a good 3point planter. I cant wait to use them!!

Ever since the food plot addiction set in it has been a constant search to slowly upgrade things. These items replace an extremely old 2 row stalk chopper and a 6 row air seeder than was customized to 4x30inch with only 3 rows working. 12 years ago I planted my first plot with a weed whip, 2 gallon hand sprayer, and a gravel rake. These days its 27 acres and all of my own custom seed mixes. The food plot addiction is amazing, it has become just as much of the hunting season as sitting in the stand. Good luck to all this growing season

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nice. I’m sure you’ll get years of use out of this equipment.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I love that planter! Great find Go rip up some new ground and try it out

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great finds! And kudos to you for being patient. That is not a strong suit of mine and I usually buy on impulse regardless of price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.