2nd Hand Green Lake (Spicer) Report

• Sartell Eye Guy
    Participant
    Sartell, MN

My Dad and brother were on Green over the weekend and did very well. Saturday they kept 3 limits for 4 guys and today had a 27 and 28″+ along with a few “keepers”. It sounds like they bounced around a lot but almost all the fish were caught in 30+ feet of water (one fish was caught in 51′ while rigging).

I had to scrape the mold off the post button for this forum….Green is my true “home” waters”, a decent size lake with a massive amount of structure. Green is also nearly a world class smallmouth fishery. Dad and brother reported “multiple” 20″+ bronze backs boated while fishing for white tips. Give the lake a try if you’re looking for a place to go in West Central MN.

Adam

p4walleye
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

PM sent.

Fife
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the report. It sounds like the lake is in great shape. My parents have a cabin there, but I’ve only been out there a handfull of times the past few years. I haven’t fished it very hard lately, but we can usually go out and catch a half dozen right around sunset.

For anyone interested, there is a walleye tournament there on June 6th. My brother and Uncle will be fishing it. I fished it in years past and had a great time, but now the MTT usually has a tournament the same weekend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.