Spicer, MN Report

• Fife
    Participant
    Ramsey, MN

The walleye fishing seems to be heating up all over the state and Green Lake is no different. The main goal of this trip was to take my Uncle’s new Ranger 620 for its maiden voyage. After running the motor awhile and getting the electronics dialed in, we decided to work a weedline that has treated us well in the past. We rigged with redtails in 22-30 feet of water. We saw a healthy mix of fish from 10 inches up to 20 inches. Something that surprised me is that fish were spread out all along the break. Traditionally we find them schooled up tight and boat control is critical to keep on the fish, but we were able to just keep going along the break and keep picking up fish. It was a fun afternoon with my Dad and Uncle and a very nice fall day to be on the water.

On Sunday morning, I walked the dog down to the outlet on the East side of the lake. This area was loaded with fish. It always holds alot of panfish and largemouth in the 1-3 lb range, but I also saw 3 walleyes tucked behind a rock hiding from the current. This was in 5′ of water with the sun high in the sky! The panfish population also looks to be in great shape. There were hundreds of bluegills in the area and a third of them were nice sized. I also spotted a few crappies mixed in that looked to be 10-11 inches. It looks like Green will be on the list of lakes to hit this winter.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Wife said she seen on Facebook a vehicle went through on norway lake today.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Wife said she seen on Facebook a vehicle went through on norway lake today.

Interesting. I wonder where.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Think she said somewhere around 189th st?? Or ave??

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

The boat launch is off of 189th.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

I’m hearing reports of a wake boat causing issues in the area. doah is that you Ralph?? whistling doah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.