Green Bay Whitefish

• Guy Karow
    Participant

Hey guys just started white fish fishing this year I’m looking at tuned up custom rods, but I can’t decide on which one I should get this fish bite really light almost like a bluegill my eyes aren’t the greatest since I’m getting older I’m looking for that perfect rod for fishing in with a 5 mm tungsten jig up to a8 ounce spoon ! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

fishtoeat
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

The Bullwhips work prefect for whitefish. I’m heading there this weekend and I have used them for for years now for the whitefish.

Guy Karow
    Participant

Thank you very much ! That’s what I was thinking of but I called the guy at Shields and he says the white fish would snap them in half and I should go to the fusion.. I don’t know are you white fish but I’ve been doing pretty good at red river park I was using my Percision but just missing too many hits

snelson223
    Participant
    Austin MN

Some of those whitefish look pretty big. I would get the fusion.

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Order a fusion and a bullwhip, problem solved! waytogo waytogo wink wink

Guy Karow
    Participant

I wish I could afford it on a disability check I can only pick one toast

fishtoeat
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Take a look at this video to see what they used.

CC
    Participant

I use the fusion on superior and green whites. Superior whites are double the size in green bay and it handles just fine.

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I now have both, and would start with the Fusion for sure.

phoyem
    Participant
    Minneapolis

Just wanted to give a shoutout to a fellow ido guy paul Delaney. We fished with him last Monday from 10am-2pm and got our 4 person limit. He spent most of his time with us too, even though all we paid for was the rented shack (this may not always happen depending on how he’s booked). Would totally recommend it! A total blast and you’re making money when you consider the cost of fillets.

I will also say first hand, using his equipment, it does pay to have a quality rod! It was a night and day difference feeling the bite on his rods vs mine.

Attachments:
    1. 59B32C95-9615-4310-9A5B-D0A6D24D156D.jpeg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.