Green Bay Tributaries regulations???

• Tim Reszler
    Participant
    Kenosha

I just read through all the tributaries regulations and WOW can you say confusing! Conflicting days and times stated on the online version of Wi 2015 regulations. I will be fishing up there April, 3,4 & 5 and april 17,18 & 19. Wondering if anyone can clear some rules up for me as far as bag limits on fox, Pestigo and Oconto that time of year. If I am reading it correct it is 1 fish over 15 inches. Next question is under the special fishing hour regs it states everything north of Manitowac fishing hours end one half hour after sunset and start again one half hour before sunrise. Is this correct? No night fishing? Feel free to PM me if needed. Looking forward to my first trip up there but don’t want to get caught with my pants around my ankles if you know what I mean.

Attachments:
    1. image32.jpg

Tim Reszler
    Participant
    Kenosha

^^^^^^^^What is going on here? I didn’t attach that photo… Don’t even know who that is in this photo that came out of nowhere on my post above this?????

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Sounds like you understand the rules for most tributaries. However, the Fox River is considered part of the Lake/Bay up to the Depere Dam. See p. 66. Night fishing is allowed on the Fox. 1 eye over 28″ March 2 – May 1.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

You have to separate tributaries to Green Bay and Tributaries to lake MI Page 63

But continue reading through page 67 – that has the specific bag/size limit for Fox River up to DePere.

and YES, it is confusing, not clearly stated, and the guys in Madison are sick of the phone calls.

So, here is the gray version of the Fox River mouth of green bay to depere dam as stated to me a number of times and why my proposal at the spring hearings was shot down. “In the spirit of the law, fish are able to freely swim without restriction in and out of the fox into the bay. There fore it is considered a continuation of the bay rather than a tributary”

I can tell you I have fished there since the early 80’s and with the number of game wardens over the years I have seen/talked to, the sun-set through sun-rise restrictions of tributaries have never been enforced.

The size/bag limit walleye restrictions on the fox are defined on page 67.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.