Green Bay is good and getting better!

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Its that time of year (again)…I’ve just finished trips to the Fox and Menominee River…Water temps were 42-43 10 days ago but back to 37 yesterday morning as my partner Pete and I motored down the Fox River, navigating the 250 boats…reminded me of weekends on Pool 4 in April roll
    Many locals here fish mainly jigs/meat anchored/vertical…but BFishNtackle has made a strong showing the past decade as have blade baits. We searched for any warmer water we could find and finally a pattern emerged…Lighten jig weight, more compact trailer…3.25″ Paddletail vs 4″ Moxie etc…I tie and love hair jigs, using Craft fur, Nat bucktail and krystal flash…more fur for a faster sink, more bucktail for a slower sink with the same weight jig. Hair was the solution yesterday for 16 C/R walleye to 26″ and 4 very nice 20″+ Whitefish. One can only keep 1 walleye over 28″ per day in Wisc on Green bay tribs until May 1st. 10/day, no closed season on whitefish (yummy)! grin
    I was using Dobyns Xtasy 752, 722 and 723 rods…Piscifun Carbon X reels…new Sufix 6# Advantage HPE Ice copoly in HVz yellow.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6719-2.jpeg

2. IMG_6707.jpg

3. IMG_6708.jpg

bigpike

Awesome report Tom. Thanks for sharing and glad you found yourself a great pattern. Looks like reel fun!!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thanks! I’m heading to Pool 4 Monday morning for a 4 day Yooper Adventure…I’ll be out there in a 2018 G3 Blue/Silver w a 115 Yammy SHO…Hope to see some IDOers out there toast We’ll be at Everts…Lots of memories…this is my 60th trip to the “sacred waters” yay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.