HDS 8

• shady5
    Participant

I know the IDO staffers are sponsored by Humminbird, so this may be blasphemous; though I did have a 987 SI on my last boat… Nevertheless, is it worth the money to get the unit with Insight USA maps pre-loaded when I plan to use Lake Master chips?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

OMG What did you say!!??

I haven’t seen the memo that Ido staff is sponsored by bird.

Come to think of it, maybe that’s why I’m running an HDS-8 with In-Sight.

A built in system is nice to have no doubt. However I would say the vast majority of Lowrance users are using the LakeMaster chip for they’re area.

Now, LakeMaster is a sponsor…and I’m very very happy about that!

shughes
    Participant
    kasson mn.

I wouldn’t buy the insight map I have hd8 without the map and use lakemaster maps.My opinion the lakemaster maps are better than the insight… have fun with your hd8, i haven’t had any problems with mine love em

broadwaybob
    Participant
    Janesville, WI

I’d say no, that seems to be duplication. Insight does include fishing info from guides and descriptions of the cover, structure and most effective presentations. But if you are any kind of a fisherman, those are unnecessary.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I know the IDO staffers are sponsored by Humminbird, so this may be blasphemous; though I did have a 987 SI on my last boat… Nevertheless, is it worth the money to get the unit with Insight USA maps pre-loaded when I plan to use Lake Master chips?

No. Most likely it is not.

kroger3
    Participant
    blaine mn

i would not get the insight, i have a unit with and one with out and when panning around the insight unit is much slower to load the charts

shady5
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This site is proving to be quite the hub for information!!

iceman35
    Participant
    upstate New York

basemap is just fine. A ton of map chips you can use. I myself have an old hotspots card that works good where I go…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I know the IDO staffers are sponsored by Humminbird,

Not that it is a big deal… but nobody here working with IDO is sponsored by HB… to my knowledge. I know I’m not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.