Humminbird Lakemaster update part 2

• eyesfishin
    Participant
    Somerset, WI

Alright been reading around and posting on here to find out that I think my problem is that I have an SDHC card not just an SD. My software version is currently 3.240. Does this make sense to anybody. I really want to get the Lakemaster chip for my Humminbird before I go to the Chippewa Flowage this summer. Maybe I should just tell the wife I need a new 1197 or 998. I’ve restored defaults and I put the chip in after I power up and nothing happens. Any help as always is appreciated.

wade_kuehl
    Participant
    Northwest Iowa

If you don’t get it figured out just plan to meet up at Everts Resort in March or April and there will be a number of us around to help you. That’ll give you a great excuse to pop some walleyes on Pool 4.

jhalfen
    Participant

I haven’t used a SDHC chip….only SD chips, up to 2 GB.

SD chips are getting pretty inexpensive these days. The update to 4.750 is 3-4 MB, depending on the unit you’re updating. Does your camera use a smaller capacity SD chip? My Canon camera has a 256 MB card that I use in a pinch.

sauger
    Participant
    Hastings ,MN

I used an sdhc chip for my update and it worked fine.

eyesfishin
    Participant
    Somerset, WI

Alright guys I’ve got it figured out. The update is complete. Maybe Jason or James can pass on this information, but if you have software version below 3.700 I believe is the number, you can not use a sdhc card. It has to be a sd card. I’m no techie but I think anything above 2GB is considered sdhc (h.c.=high capacity). My 787 had software of 3.240 and did nothing when I inserted the card. Redid the update on a sd card and everything went just like the video James posted on here. Lakemaster here I come.

jhalfen
    Participant

Enjoy all the Humminbird exclusive features from Lakemaster!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.