Using Navionics PC App

• Fishalert
    Florida

First let me say that I received my Navionics Gold chip on Saturday and it’s the first navigational chart I’ve ever used or installed. I didn’t have any problems with it or downloading Navionics PC App. I’ve been able to make markers and get them to come up in Google Earth after a bit of messing around with it. I found the FAQ for the PC App but it hasn’t helped me much. It refers to a HELP file within the PC App application but I haven’t been able to find it. I open the program, Click on SETTINGS at the bottom but it doesn’t have a HELP file. There really needs to be a manual for support. My problem is that I click on Settings and select, save to card. I select humminbird and two files come up, Humminbird combined WPs and Routes and the second one being, GPX (GPX Exchange) format. Which one of these am I supposed to save? I’ve tried each and when I put the SD card into my Humminbird 581i unit I get a pop up saying it’s loading WPS or something but it’s so fast I can’t read it. I then go into the area where the Waypoints, Routes and tracks are stored and I can’t find them. I start the Navionics Gold and go to the area but no new wps are located. The chip works great and finds a signal after a little while and I’m able to do about everything I need. All I need is to learn how to save these markers (Waypoints) where I can put them on my plotter and I’ll be good to go. Also, what am I missing when trying to find the HELP file? I’d appreciate any help!!Thanks, Bobby

Fishalert
    Florida

I finally messed around and got the program to save to card like it’s supposed to. I went into the program folder and clicked on the WPS folder and it showed no files so I click above on compatibility files and it showed a WPS folder and it had my saved waypoints in it. I right click the file and clicked properties and the dialog box showed the file opened with, Windows Shell Common,DLL, I done a windows search and couldn’t find any file like this so I changed the program to open this file to Navionics.exe. These changed all the files in this folder to open with Navionics.exe. I went into the program and it worked great. Saved my waypoints to sd card and I uploaded them to my GPS and I’m good to go. I don’t know what Navionics is doing or not doing with this problem but I’m pretty upset with them. After 6 days they haven’t done anything but thank me for being patient and they’ll get back to me with a solution asap. Does that mean, as soon as patience runs out. They sound great to work with until you have a problem. If you look at their website, they are all about sales but not much on support. I wish my unit would handle the Lakemaster charts. That’s the way I would go. Hope this helps someone. This is a great Forum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.