Got a question?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

How do I mark all forums read?
    Also, is there a way to only bring up new postings when I click on a thread?

Thanks

Not yet MNice. It’s in the hopper!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Is there some way to stay logged in? Once or twice a week I get logged out and its a pain to try and get logged back in. Tried old password over and over again. Went through the steps for new password and same thing. Then about 3 hrs later tried it again and somehow got back on.

One thing I’ve found for folks having trouble logging in is the passwords and Id’s are now CaSe SenSitive.

Mike there’s been some changes going on with the loggins. Holler if you’re issue continues.

I will say that I use three computers most days an pc, mac and Iphone and haven’t witnessed an issue with a password once I know it works. I do log off each computer when done though and that could make a difference.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Will you be adding the functionality to go back and view old reports in the archives? Being able to search by year and month to pull up old reports was great!

@ssperch
    I’m not sure where that request falls in the list.

I know they’re working on other pieces that will make a bigger bang at this point. (translated: It might be a while. ( )

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>
    Is there some way to stay logged in? Once or twice a week I get logged out and its a pain to try and get logged back in. Tried old password over and over again. Went through the steps for new password and same thing. Then about 3 hrs later tried it again and somehow got back on.

One thing I’ve found for folks having trouble logging in is the passwords and Id’s are now CaSe SenSitive.

Mike there’s been some changes going on with the loggins. Holler if you’re issue continues.

I will say that I use three computers most days an pc, mac and Iphone and haven’t witnessed an issue with a password once I know it works. I do log off each computer when done though and that could make a difference.

I still have that issue every couple weeks. You enter your userid and password, you get no errors, and you go back to the home screen and you were not logged in. Happens on every device I use. This time, when I came back the next day, I was back logged in again without every getting a successful login the day before.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thats about the same way it works here to. Back to the home page and not logged on.

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

How about a moderator alert button so I can wake BK up @ 0500 to tell him we have SPAM?? ;) jerr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Noted and passed up to level 1 Mike and John.

Could I get browser name a version?

Jerr, you’re doing well without one so far!
    (but I know it’s on the list someplace)

On another note…the flashing mail box is back!!

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

^^^^Saw that- – works great, too bad it showed up on a post I’d deleted about 2 wks ago ) jerr

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Could I get browser name a version?

Firefox version 31
    Chrome version 36

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Believe we are on Chrome to.

soldiersdad1
    Participant
    La Crosse, WI

Is there a way to collapse the main selection(s) window? I can’t read or click on the General Forum window, because it’s hidden by all the other main selections. Thank you for your time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Is there a way to collapse the main selection(s) window? I can’t read or click on the General Forum window, because it’s hidden by all the other main selections. Thank you for your time.

Although the browsers for laptops and desktops are similar we need to know the browser you’re using and if it’s a smart phone or not.

I know there’s some issues with the mobil viewing experience, but I’m unaware of your viewing issue using Safari, FireFox, Chrome or IE.

There is not a way to collapse the any of the forums.

But…

I can’t read or click on the General Forum window, because it’s hidden by all the other main selections.

I’m not sure if I understand the problem.

Please post more details of the device and a screen shot would be more then helpful to get you squared away.

@justdave

Dave Lozier
    Participant
    Amherst, WI

What Brian said – need more specifics. I have browsed anonymously and while logged in from my phone but I admit I didn’t post from it. Other than some additional polish being needed it seemed functional.

From the desktop I have accessed the site using Firefox, Chrome and IE. I do need to break down and get a mac mini I think just so I can see what you mac guys see. I don’t think Safari on windows would be the same?

@soldiersdad1
    are you able to take a screen shot? If so that would help shed some light on the issue you’re experiencing. Thanks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+screen+shot

Ryan Lindus
    Participant

Totally not a huge deal, but the post counter to the right of the user name does not seem to tally. Does it only count for originating the post or should it also count replies?

(If it is for just originating the post BK is sure full of himself ;) )

Oh and can we get a page selector at the top too? Quicker than having to scroll all the way to the bottom (through all the stuff you have already read) to get to the last (newest) page.

By the way I use my android phone. Not sure if that matters.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I can’t give you all the details Ryan. They are top secret.

The “full post tracking” the way we have come to know it (which includes our post counting) is turned off, broken, not working for whatever reason.

I know you’re better then a zero. )

10-4 on the page selector at the top!

Thanks Ryan!

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Is there a means to switch to subsequent pages from the top of a thread? Or… Do you need to scroll to the bottom to access additional pages? If there isn’t could it be added?

Thanks

Dave Ansell
    Participant
    Rushford, MN

What he said ^^^^^^^^^

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We’re listening… and feeling the pain. )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Word on the street is your suggestions will be up and running within two weeks.

Thanks guys!

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Thanks, I like your improvement.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

More to come!

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I can’t log out on a I phone…

Have always just clicked on the icon on the top right and for a drop down to log out but that doesn’t come up today after your weekend updates. Using an I phone 5 and chrome browser if that helps.

Thanks

CB

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Guess you’re stuck with us!

Closing your browser should take care of it. ‘Course if you’re set up to auto log in you won’t know. )

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I’m stuck… Worst thing possible.

Seriously not a big deal but must have accidentally got set up for auto log on and don’t see a setting to undo.

I think I will live regardless, just curious.

Thanks bk

Dave Lozier
    Participant
    Amherst, WI

I’ll grab my wife’s ipod touch – should be the same browser? The remember me option will use a unique key assigned to your account. When multiple devices are used to login and the remember me option is selected they will be given a cookie that matches this key. (not a new key) If any of those devices is used to log out intentionally then the key is deleted from your account and can not be used by the other devices for auto login.

I did have an issue at first on the staging server as far as logging out. I worked around that but I don’t have an iPhone to test with.

Actually, never mind – that drop down isn’t working for me either on android. The only change I made to production after the changes was to remove some filters that tried to point external objects at the cdn location – this caused some conflicts in the admin area. Not sure how that could have caused this though. I’ll get this sorted tonight.

Dave Lozier
    Participant
    Amherst, WI

@CBMN – this is working on my phone now so hopefully it is working on the iPhone too. Please let me know. Thanks!

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

Jackpot… Seems to be working and I am getting that drop down again after 3 consecutive tries. Forgot the other functionality that was on the drop down but remembered that was how to log out.

Thanks Dave

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Yep, it’s working on the fruit phone!

I have a request. Could you make it so when you click on one of today’s topics it goes directly to the most recent post?

I find myself ignoring today’s topics because of this.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work.

Dave Lozier
    Participant
    Amherst, WI

@biggill – jumping to the most recent unread is part of the full post tracking I’m working on. Unfortunately buddypress is quite tied into the bbpress forums so keeping current functionality (mentions, activity and such) working while changing to a dedicated forum schema is taking a lot of effort. With bbpress (current forum software) everything is dumped into the wordpress posts table like it is a blog post. This just isn’t workable for what’s needed and updates/inserts are expensive for the database size because of this “it’s a blog post too” approach.

I’ve got quite a list of things to fix or enhance but the full post tracking is at the top right now. It’s just a slower moving process so I like to add in some stuff that’s quicker/easier along the way.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.