Gopher hoops beat Michigan

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Bunch of journeyman transfers playing their butts off. First win at Michigan in 10 years. Keep it going.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It’s going to be a fun year! They might not win a ton of games but they do hustle and they’re going to be fun to watch.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Michigan only shot 16% on 3 pointers which is a big reason for the final score; Gophers showed a lot of grit and hustle, kept their cool and finished out the game.

Agree, going to be fun watching them this year.

Pete

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Not to add insult but Michigan is not the team of the past. Beating an un-ranked team that is 6-4 I’m not sure if that’s a big accomplishment?

walleyevision

Not to add insult but Michigan is not the team of the past. Beating an un-ranked team that is 6-4 I’m not sure if that’s a big accomplishment?

Look at the gophers roster, pretty impressive.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Good day for the Badgers. They didn’t punch anyone in the ballz.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

He’s from Wisconsin, he won’t say anything good.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Let’s hope they stay healthy! If so, going to be a fun year!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Some clutch free throws by Battle down the stretch. I would say if Pitino was still coaching the team would have lost. The most sickening offense ever. Pass around the 3-point line and then jack one up with time running out on the shot clock. The same offense when coming out of a time out called to set up a play.

Deuces

Thorson is a huge asset that Ben brought with. Track record speaks for itself. His players would respect the hel! out of him.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I owe the gopher fans an apology last night against Michigan state they looked really good and appear the will hold there own in the big ten.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was really hoping that game would go to OT. This team isn’t the most skilled but they might be the hardest working. I didn’t know what to expect from Ben Johnson but man he has them playing the right way. Beads, I didn’t know about Thorson before this year but from everything I’ve read he’s a defensive genius.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is this the Thorson that use to coach De La Salle High School?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Whoot, Whoot Whoot!!

Walleye Man42

I really enjoy watching them play, as they play as a team. I hope Ben can recruit as we may be able to have some great teams in the future. Poor Curry can never get a break, he was starting to play very good and then another injury.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Gophers have a group that’s scrappy and plays with pride. Sometimes that is worth substantially more than random recruits from all over hell that aren’t as good as advertised nor will run offensive sets as directed (see Richard Pitino’s tenure for reference).

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have seen many times a team gets a new coach, manager and they immediately have more success then the former regime had. At some point the record always matches the talent. One loss leads to two, to three and so on. Then the realization hits that those other teams are better. All the hustle & teamwork helps but talent wins out 99% of the time.

Good for the basketball fans of the state are seeing a bit of success with the Gophers & Timberpuppy’s.

CaptainMusky

Is this the Thorson that use to coach De La Salle High School?

Yes, I believe so. I think he coached Ben Johnson.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.