Good folks out there you didnt know existed

• Iowaboy1
    Participant

Dang good folks you didnt know existed.

The third weekend of August several of us got together at Ferryville Wis to put together faces with names here on IDO.
    The plan was to do some fishing, hang out and just enjoy being away from work.
    I call it going to Christopher Robins hundred acre woods, no cares, no worries, etc.

I had announced this on a reply to one thread here and shortly after I get a PM from someone whom I had never knew existed
    and they wanted to help us find fish on the river.
    I was astonished as to why this person would do such a thing without ever having any interaction before now so I quizzed him why.
    His reply was that he had been a lurker for a long time and followed my replies a lot here.
    After swapping phone numbers and email addresses I found we had a lot in common which made me feel a bunch better!!
    The reason I write this is a tribute to Jkresin, he sought me out because he thought it was neat how I help so many out here
    and he wanted to help me out even though I have never done anything for him, I am still overwhelmed that someone would do that for me!
    Thanks Jkresin!! best fishes to you and Gail!

We met up at the cabin Fri afternoon before the rest of the gang started showing up and I instantly felt comfortable around Jkresin.
    His friend Gail joined us and she is a treasure as well.
    The information he shared was quite useful and his directions were spot on, good thing too as I had no idea of where I was going or what to do.
    As good as his info was I still managed to put on a show proving that I can shut down fishing anywhere I go even though
    I shared Mike M’s boat, I gotta tell ya, Mike is the fish whisperer as he had enough power to catch a few fish to prove that they were there.
    Jkresin loaned his salt rifle to battle flies with, man, we had a blast with that thing!! you could literally kill several flies in one shot!
    Grown men living it up blasting and killing flies with a round of table salt, such silliness!!
    We only got to fish for a few hours before being rained off of the river but the experience was well worth it!

I could tell many stories of that weekend but the others who joined us need to tell their version, especially EPG !!
    Rodwork and his wife?? well, he can tell their version of staying up too late ha ha.
    What a neat place Sparklesonthewater found for us to stay in and set up for all to enjoy, thank you dear for doing that!!
    A great time and ready to do it again!!

Heres to ya Jkresin and Gail! A heart felt thanks for everything you did for us that weekend!
    J, with the thousands of hours you spend on the sippi, now that you and Gail are members here you need to start parting with some of your wisdom!!
    We will meet again soon.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

The problem with forums is that you can’t tell the true meaning the writer is trying to convey. Often we take things 100% opposite of the intent. Because of that we often form the wrong opinions on some of the people we battle with. Some turn out to be who we thought they were. rotflol

Glad you guys had a good trip. Time is short and the more trips and good people we can meet the better.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

It was a great get together thanks again Sheryl and Sheldon.
    A big shout out to EP,the clam whisperer.

MNdrifter
    Participant

^^^ Now that EPG is back on the dating scene, that nickname will serve him well.

Sounds like a fun time!

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>

^^^ Now that EPG is back on the dating scene, that nickname will serve him well.

Sounds like a fun time!

That’s hilarious!!!

I had a good time and everyone was great. Special shout out to Sparkles who took care of most of the work around the place.

BTW – The area around pool 9 is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to see it when the leaves change. hint hint wink

Attachments:
    1. Clam-scaled.jpg

Gail
    Participant

Back to our favorite fishing place again and Mr J caught this monster! 26″ Walleye

Thank you for the great day that Friday, JKresin and I enjoyed ourselves and your hospitality. I will leave the wisdom about the river to Mr J. as he knows the river and all it’s wonders more than I. 😊 we shall meet up soon

Attachments:
    1. 20220917_184958-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Gail,
    Do you net that or plug it with yer “9”? wink

Gail
    Participant

No net in our boat! 😊

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork and his wife?? well, he can tell their version of staying up too late ha ha.

Yes that was my wife and this is a family site so I will keep them stories for next time we get together.
    Wish I had more time to visit with Jkresin and Gail. Unfortunately, they were on their way out as we came in. There are so many great people on this site. It would be nice to get to know many of them better. It was a great time that could have used some more days to it. I can’t wait until we can do it again. Hopefully with a little more fishing. toast

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Dang…you get Tiny Rod and The Clam Whisperer in the same place and you’re bound to have a good time. Hmmmm? yay

Great to hear there’s more awesome people lurking around that haven’t been scared off by the Spam and Friday night topics yet… toast

We should do another St. Croix River GTG this winter. The last one was a great time.

jrkresin
    Participant
    Bettendorf, Iowa - 5 minutes from Pool 15

Thank you Sheldon, I was just trying to pay it forward. It was truly a memorable experience meeting you and the others that afternoon. After we left we both exclaimed that we had felt as though we had been with family.
    Hopefully we can do it again someday with more time for fishing and terrorizing flies.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

What a awesome get to gether. I hope to be able to meet up and be part of one of these.

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

Thanks for sharing. I love reading positive posts! I too have met folks from this webpage, or the old Fishtheriver.com, and some have turned into great Friends. This really is a special place.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.