Glow jigs for panfish

• KwickStick
    Participant
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

So how important is a glow jig for panfish? Do you feel you catch more using glow jigs vs regular jigs? Talking bluegills, crappies, and perch.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Some days yes and some no. I can assure you that if I pull out my 6 pannie rods, at minimum is 1 or two in glow

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

in poor water clarity and at night absolutely. same with stained water at low light times

Nick
    Participant

I agree that at night glow is huge. I have been stuck on gold jigs for a long time now, but I always have a glow jig rigged up.

KwickStick
    Participant
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Gold is also a favorite of mine. I have had some good success with a little 3mm Wonderbread glow jig this winter. I’ll just keep experimenting.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I agree that at night glow is huge. I have been stuck on gold jigs for a long time now, but I always have a glow jig rigged up.

X2

tim hurley
    Participant

If you are on crappies they see whatever you are throwing down-balck might even be good to give them a silloutte, yes they see anything in the black of night. Glow could pull them in from the side though.

slipperybob
    Participant
    Lil'Can, MN

Glow is great at night. Sometimes the dull glow like a red glow works better than the full fluorescent green glow.

For daytime, I prefer standard paint or silver or gold finish.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.