glove replacement

• Skinny

hi guys,
    Have been using the Frabill, FXE gauntlet waterproof gloves for a few years, these have been the warmest gloves i have ever owned. i think the waterproof is broke in them. what do you recommend for waterproof, fishing glove. i fish outside 90+% of the time. just got back from Winnipeg. Fished 4 days and never put up a shelter. Not a fan of mittens. thanks for suggestions.

Brittman

I also fish outside of any shelter much of the time, but probably less time than you do.

I like to be able to just slip off my gloves easily when I need to tie lures and mess with line tangles. I no longer worry about gloves being waterproof because they tend to make the glove too stiff and more difficult to easily pull on and off.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

interested in following this. I cant seem to find a pair of gloves I like for ice fishing. Whatever I decide on has to be easy to wash and hold up after washing. Gloves tend to get rather smelly after a day of handling fish and putting them on and off.

tswoboda

Showa 460 – bought them years ago to use filleting fish on the ice and realized they’re awesome for pretty much everything. ‘Ice Fishing’ gloves suckIMO
    https://www.go2marine.com/Work-Gloves-Showa-Atlas-460-PVC?quantity=1&size=507

Good to 0-30 degrees. They’re good below and above that too but I like 490 for colder and 282 for warmer.
    Waterproof so I use them as a hole/slush scooper
    Wash them right in the hole as needed
    Easy on and off
    Cost 11 bucks
    Look sweet

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2023-03-14-123408.jpg

kayl

Striker stealth gloves. Best waterproof gloves I’ve owned.

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”>Stealth Gloves</div>

Only issue is that they pick up hooks easily and then aren’t waterproof. Otherwise they’re great.

Skinny

Thanks, i guess warm is number one. whats the warmest gloves? without batteries… do they make the Frabill FXE anymore or are they just sold out for the season? i was thinking along the lines of the striker combat or defender. my fingers do get cold easy- have broke a few in the past.

Nodakk

Kayl- I’ve stuck my hands down the ice hole with those gloves on and stayed dry. They are not probably 100% waterproof but are a perfect glove to stay warm and still have some function with your hands with them on

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

I really like the Ice Armor Extreme. If I ha e to buy again I’m curious about Fish Monkey $90 gloves.

pan-man

I would recommend Gill Tournament gloves. Waterproof and yet able to reel easily and take off fish. Not quite enough feel to bait hooks.
    I believe they are around $40/pair.

Skinny

i see the Fish Monkey yeti gloves have very similar insulation ratings as the frabill FXE gloves.

SconnieFib

The Striker Combat glove has been the best glove I have found. Extremely warm, still able to fish with it/remove hooks, and one of the best I’ve had for keeping my hands warm on long ATV rides out.

Ryan Scholl

The Striker Combat glove has been the best glove I have found. Extremely warm, still able to fish with it/remove hooks, and one of the best I’ve had for keeping my hands warm on long ATV rides out.

agreed. and the really long cuff is great for the snowmobile rides. it keeps your wrists covered and is easier to pull on than a tight elastic cuff.

kayl

Kayl- I’ve stuck my hands down the ice hole with those gloves on and stayed dry. They are not probably 100% waterproof but are a perfect glove to stay warm and still have some function with your hands with them on

Oh, they’re definitely waterproof until you catch a treble hook :-/

I’m really happy with my Fish Monkey Fingerless gloves, haven’t tried their other ones yet.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Klim Gauntlet. Very simple, warm, and plenty of motion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.