German food restaurant recommendation

• tim hurley
    Participant

Really liked the food at the Gaust Hous in Stillwater but they are only serving sausages & beer out there (probally good stuff)Winser Stub in Hudson had it all, great scenery, looked great inside, food was awesome, the owner retired and now it is very different. We have a popular G. restaurant close to me in MPLs., never liked it, was talked into going there with a guy from Germany HE didn’t like it. Looked online saw some in strip malls, hmmmm. There is a place on W. 7th in a beautiful old building, went there and the food was very good but not a lot of classic sit down entrees, maybee that will change as we get into the fall & winter.
    Anyway where to go??Willing to drive a bit——-Thanks.

Jake Thelen
    Participant
    Medford, MN

Ranchero supper club in Webster, MN

tim hurley
    Participant

Looks very good thanks!

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

There use to be a German place on Hwy 12 in Montrose that was suppose to be really, really good German food. I don’t know if they are still around or not. Anybody who travels Hwy 12 should know.

Brad Dimond
    Participant

There use to be a German place on Hwy 12 in Montrose that was suppose to be really, really good German food. I don’t know if they are still around or not. Anybody who travels Hwy 12 should know.

closed when the owners divorced. Smoked pork chop with red cabbage was heavenly. Gasthaus fur Gemuchlicheit on University is owned by one of them. Never been there, no basis for a recommendation.

Deuces
    Participant

. Gasthaus fur Gemuchlicheit on University is owned by one of them. Never been there, no basis for a recommendation

Been closed for years, just an fyi

Jimmy Jones
    Participant

Veigel’s Kaiserhoff Restaurant in New Ulm. Been the for years. Maybe a bit of a drive so search the place on the net and check the menu options and operating times.

beardly
    Participant
    Hastings, Mn

Bierstube in Hastings. I’ve only been there once many years ago and remember it being good.

mnfisherman18
    Participant

Veigel’s Kaiserhoff Restaurant in New Ulm. Been the for years. Maybe a bit of a drive so search the place on the net and check the menu options and operating times.

Second this recommendation, great German food.

tim hurley
    Participant

Love New Ulm-sounds great.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Tim,
    If ya go to New Ulm make sure you take the tour.

Home

FYI - they have free samples when the tour ends. :waytogo:

Greenhorn
    Participant
    Bismarck, ND

Yoerg in St Paul is very good.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Ranchero supper club in Webster, MN

+1!
    This place is a hidden gem! And it’s only about 15 minutes from my house.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah that place in Hudson is good!

I also would recommend Gaust Hous in Stillwater but it’s gone downhill over the last 5 or so years. Used to be amazing.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I know back in the day, the Hollywood Roadhouse in New Germany had some good German vittles… for a bar anyways !!!

tim hurley
    Participant

Hudson place was Winsor Stub-no more. Really want to try the supper club in Webster and the New Ulm place. BTW if you have not had good German food get out there and try it, sooo good

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Bayerischer Hof. Sadly, a Dollar General took its place. Was only there once many years ago, for a bachelor party. Meal was great, but don’t remember much after that. Schnapps and German beer will kick your A!

ThunderLund78
    Participant

I know back in the day, the Hollywood Roadhouse in New Germany had some good German vittles… for a bar anyways !!!

I believe this is closed and building is for sale. Looked like it last time I drove by.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

Black Forest Inn, but you need to wear full body armor.

tim hurley
    Participant

Know all about that forest in MPLs.-not a fan.Very subjective, hate to disagree with you eel.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.