GARMIN Lakeview ULTRA HD

• daddy
    Participant

Any of you guys have the Garmin Lakeview HD “ULTRA” maps? I just purchased mine, and it lists that some “MAX DEF” lakes have side scan pictures, and above water pictures (for hot spots). I went on the Garmin site, and found lakes like Clear Lake in California that says there are pictures on the map. I scrolled down to clear lake and scanned around the map. Apparently there is a camera icon that should pop up where a picture was taken, but on my map, there are no photos or camera icons popping up. Wondering if I am missing something. Im running the map on the new Garmin Echomap PLUS 93SV. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I know the pictures showed up on my 93SV. Lake Bemidji in northern MN was one of the lakes that had them. If I remember right you have to zoomed in on the map pretty far for the icon to show up.

daddy
    Participant

Ok, Ill give that a shot! Thanks Pat!

daddy
    Participant

I know the pictures showed up on my 93SV. Lake Bemidji in northern MN was one of the lakes that had them. If I remember right you have to zoomed in on the map pretty far for the icon to show up.

Any idea if yours was working like that right out of the box, or did you update the map by chance?

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It was the 2017 U.S map version. Worked right out of the box.

daddy
    Participant

That is so strange. I just looked at Bemidji, and I’m not getting any pictures. I have the exact same map chip. I guess I will need to call Garmin support. Their wait over the phone right now is between 1 to 2 hours.

daddy
    Participant

Hey Pat, I know I am asking a lot here, but I’m wondering if there is any way the next time you are in the boat, you could take a picture of the map with the camera icon on it. I was talking with Garmin on the phone last night and they were having a hard time understanding what I’m missing. Id like to send them a side by side photo, of a map that is working, and my map that isn’t showing pictures or photo icons. If you could just scroll across to Bemidji, and take a quick picture, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time Pat.

carver
    Participant
    West Metro

Just thinking if this was the same issue I ran into when I got my garmins. For charts you have to select fishing maps/charts not the base chart.

Then I think under settings you can set the level of detail you want to see.

daddy
    Participant

Just thinking if this was the same issue I ran into when I got my garmins. For charts you have to select fishing maps/charts not the base chart.

Then I think under settings you can set the level of detail you want to see.

Ya, I have it set to fishing chart, detail I’ve had anywhere from 50% to 100%. Still no icons showing photos on any lakes. Thanks for the idea though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.