Garmin hard to remove

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Does anyone have any tricks for removing a 93sv from the mount on the boat? I have to use a tremendous amount of force both pulling it out while also depressing the weird plunger thing. It’s been this way since day 1. Either I’m doing something wrong, which is possible and I’m hoping probable, or this is the worst design for a “receiver” ever!

Btw my transducer was not recognized again. Had to use Bearcats trick and undo the cables and plug back in to get it to work

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Interesting, haven’t seen this at all with mine. Pops right out pretty simple

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just had a buddy play with it on my boat and he showed me a way to do it more easily. It still was a bit of a pain for him. I wonder if my mount is just sticky or slightly misfigured.

I came from humminbird. I like the garmin unit itself. Really dislike the mounting system. Have this issue and the aforementioned not recognizing the transducer issue

dirtywater

What kind of mount are you using? I have mine on a Ram swing-arm mount. I remove the Garmin every time I trailer the boat just to be safe, it pops right outta the gimbal bracket with ease?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I assume he means using the quick release part of it. Which to be honest I did not know it worked like that until this year. You can leave the ram mount hooked to the base and by pushing the tab on the top to just pop the unit out. I am trying this method out to see if it helps with the transducer reading problem.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I assume he means using the quick release part of it. Which to be honest I did not know it worked like that until this year. You can leave the ram mount hooked to the base and by pushing the tab on the top to just pop the unit out. I am trying this method out to see if it helps with the transducer reading problem.

Correct John. Thanks for clarifying

ranger680t

Are you guys up to date on your software?

If so have any of you tried Garmin CS to ask about the transducer reading issue?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Are you guys up to date on your software?

If so have any of you tried Garmin CS to ask about the transducer reading issue?

They sent me a flow chart to trouble shoot it when it happens again. Only been out once since then and it worked.
    I have not done the update yet.

Hey

Call Garmin on your quick release mount. They might just send you a new one as it shouldn’t be that hard to remove it.

I also agree that software updates are key with Garmin electronics. They are really proactive with putting out software updates that fix issues. Active Captain app allows you to do software updates via your phone.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

you are lucky. mine “quick released” in the middle of Mille Lacs. of course it couldn’t fall in the boat. nope, right over the side.. upgraded to the 106..

Reef W

The only problem I have is when I try to remove it from an angle like standing outside the boat while it’s on the trailer. I think the bracket flexes so if you are only pushing on one side of the clip it’s jamming the other end into the groove harder or something like that, haven’t thought about it real hard… If I squarely push the middle of the clip it always comes out pretty easy for me.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

you are lucky. mine “quick released” in the middle of Mille Lacs. of course it couldn’t fall in the boat. nope, right over the side.. upgraded to the 106..

Yeah that’s another thing I don’t like. It hasn’t happened to me but I’ve read about it enough that I went out and bought some huge rubber band things that I put around the edges of the graph to prevent this

JoeMX1825
    MN

Instead of the old strap trick, Several 3D printer guys make small clips that hold the Echomap93 screen down in the cradle, cheap insurance for a faulty cradle design…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>steveo wrote:</div>

Yeah that’s another thing I don’t like. It hasn’t happened to me but I’ve read about it enough that I went out and bought some huge rubber band things that I put around the edges of the graph to prevent this

That only happens when it’s not secured in the cradle correctly.
    And for the removal, just push straight back on the handle and pull the screen toward you. Mine was a 1 handed deal. Came in easy and popped out easy. I did the bands for mine as well just incase I had a accident.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.