Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 73sv Sonar/GPS Combo with LakeVü™ HD question

• Joshua
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI

will the transducer still read bottom depth at high speed, ive heard the side imaging will not work at higher speeds but im mainly concerned about reading depth at speed.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What kind of speed we talking about? I believe I get excellent signal almost full throttle, which is around 40. Haven’t had it out in awhile….

Almost all the issues will have to do with your transducer placement, and the smoothness of your hull. Maybe being an all welded hull on my Crestliner helps.

Joshua
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI

alumacraft 165 escape with 50 horse yamaha 4 stroke

mojogunter

As long as the transducer is mounted correctly you should still get a depth reading at any speed.

robby
    Quad Cities

Placement is key like above said. Getting the right angle and most importantly, mounting it in the cleanest water possible. Not clean like only works in clear lakes, I mean unturbulated water free of air bubbles. Ive seen conventional sonar read the depth accurately anyways at over 60mph. Ping speed and graph speed would come into play to actually read good contour etc. I dont think we could think fast enough to read a graph in real time at 60 mph. Especially when driving. Lol. I use a traditional flasher mounted on my console to read depth at speed and its great. Before drilling lots if holes, get some help from and experienced somebody.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.