Garmin active captain issues

• dirtywater
    Participant

I’ve got a 93sv UHD. Couple years old. Been working great since I got it. I just got a new iphone and now the AC app on my phone doesn’t display the chart with contour lines. I’m all synced with the 93 and I have it “registered” on my phone app. When I try to download an area of the chart to my phone, it just flashes green for a second and stops. No contours download.

This is not a special subscription chart, it’s just the standard lakevu g3 that comes pre-loaded with the Garmin, so it shouldn’t be “expired” right?

Any thoughts?

B-man
    Participant

It’s probably because Apple/I-phones suck.

I just did an update to all of my Garmin’s. I attempted it on my wife’s Apple computer first, followed all of the ridiculous extra special instructions you have to for an Apple.

We spent two evenings and multiple hours trying to get it to work.

It…failed…every…single…time. No matter what we did, the units wouldn’t recognize that an update was on the chip.

My wife said my chips were probably bad (We tried two different chips)…

Much to her chagrin, I dug out our 10 year old HP Laptop, charged it, and tossed a chip in and downloaded/uploaded the updates without a single hiccup waytogo

I also just updated my Android with new mapping on the Active Captain app (the free stuff) without issue.

dirtywater
    Participant

I’m not having any issues updating the software on my 93sv, that works great, update downloaded to my phone and transfers and installs on the Garmin. And the charts displayed perfectly in the active captain app on my old iphone. But my new iPhone won’t download any area of the chart.

B-man
    Participant

No problems on my Android just now

It updated Lake Michigan in 10 seconds.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230325-215903.png

2. Screenshot_20230325-2152392.png

3. Screenshot_20230325-2153032.png

dirtywater
    Participant

Up and running again on my iPhone. I had to delete all the downloaded charts from my phone. I think what happened is that the AC app logs which areas you have downloaded. When I got a new phone, it still thought I had all these areas downloaded even though they weren’t on my new phone, so it refused to re-download them again. After I hit “delete all” I was able to download the areas I wanted again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.