Garage Floor and Winter Sand from cars

• Charles

So, I have enough sand to fill a sandbox from all the sand that melts off the car in winter. What is the best way to clean that crap up and keep up on it during the winter months. I was thinking one of those push scrubbers for driveways? I do have a floor drain but I don’t really want to shove that much down the drain.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Leaf Blower.

-J.

stout93
    Becker MN

I sweep out the garage every few weeks during the winter. Seems to help with the sand and gets rid of some of the salt. But still have salt deposits sitting in there that I’d like to wash out. Not good leaving salt on the concrete floor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Broom & dustpan??

Gregg Gunter

I’ll rinse with a hose and warm water from the laundry room and squeegee it out. I do it a couple times every winter on a warm day. Now it’s time for a bucket of hot soapy water and a push broom.

wormdunker

Just curious, does a person stand and look at sand on a concrete floor and wonder, “how am I gonna get rid of that?”

Coletrain27

Just curious, does a person stand and look at sand on a concrete floor and wonder, “how am I gonna get rid of that?”

jester right? Get a broom and squeegee and sweep it out once a week. Pretty easy

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I tried making my wife park in the driveway like I do, but that did not work. Not surprising I guess )

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

You must not be married

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i hate how much sand they use in my town.
    it’s the spring ritual…take everything up off the floor, sweep out the sand, then hose it to clear the fine dust and salt, then squeegee it down.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I brush the sand out of my garage every couple weeks in the winter. My garage does not have a drain though.

Obviously its going to accumulate to a large amount if you allow it to do so.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Push broom. It’s a very simple task. Doesn’t take very much effort at all. Then when that’s completed run the leaf blower. But you better ask some of the guys here what the appropriate times are the run a leaf blower. If I remember right, it can’t be in the morning, not at lunch, and not at dinner or some bs like that oh and probably not around nap times.

Coletrain27

Push broom. It’s a very simple task. Doesn’t take very much effort at all. Then when that’s completed run the leaf blower. But you better ask some of the guys here what the appropriate times are the run a leaf blower. If I remember right, it can’t be in the morning, not at lunch, and not at dinner or some bs like that oh and probably not around nap times.

And you have to make sure it’s a electric leaf blower also since the gas ones are just way too loud in town

B-man

I’m currently going through the patent process on a new invention I made for cleaning up the garage floor.

Against my better judgement I’ll show you all a sneak peek mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220415-162837.png

Bassn Dan

That’s what the “There Should be an App for That” generation does for everything that their phone can’t do for them.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I lived on a gravel road for 22 years and this was in line with what I thought when I read this.

Ripjiggen

I read every response to this thread and now feel like I need to hand off my man card.
    What happened to IDO that we had to have a topic about sweeping a garage floor. My therapist is going to hear about this Monday morning.
    My mind is seriously blown.
    toast

dbright
    Cambridge

Wait you park cars in the garage? I thought they were only for toys. I sweep mine out when I pull the boat or other toys out but the vehicles all sit outside year round.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

What happened to IDO that we had to have a topic about sweeping a garage floor. My therapist is going to hear about this Monday morning.

Tell us more about your Monday morning therapist. devil

-J.

Coletrain27

Those ones are for 8EFE28AEBA5BFD44 b-man. These ones are for the garage

Attachments:
    1. 0C4614AA-9119-4D84-B116-6DC95E2B74E5-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wait you park cars in the garage? I thought they were only for toys. I sweep mine out when I pull the boat or other toys out but the vehicles all sit outside year round.

We cant park in the garage. The toys take all the room. But one day my garage will be 3 times as deep and 2 times wide. I always wanted a 3 car garage, now that I have one I realized I need a pole shed

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Tell us more about your Monday morning therapist. devil

-J.

She is great helped me get through the dark days of IDO a few months back.
    Highly recommend.
    Pretty sure I have a referral bonus card laying around somewhere if anyone is interested. jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We cant park in the garage. The toys take all the room. But one day my garage will be 3 times as deep and 2 times wide. I always wanted a 3 car garage, now that I have one I realized I need a pole shed

That’s primarily why I limited my home search to houses with a 3 car garage! Just isn’t enough space after you start putting everything in there.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dbright wrote:</div>

a d that pole shed won’t be big enough either!!! devil whistling rotflol

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.