Garage Door Repair Question

• Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

My 15 year old garage doors have given out where it meets the concrete. So the bottom strip is off and the rubber sides are torn. I wasn’t happy with the $3,400 quote to replace both doors. Is it possible to replace just the bottom section of each door and then paint them to match? Anybody out there have any suggestion on metro companies who can fix the doors rather then replace them?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I just had to repair my garage door in Chaska, and after 2 companies no showed, AA Garage was there on time and fixed my spring issue for a fair price. Their #(651) 401-5055

Bassn Dan

Sounds like they just need a new bottom gasket and weather stripping, not whole new doors unless there are other issues.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Sounds like they just need a new bottom gasket and weather stripping, not whole new doors unless there are other issues.

That’s what I was thinking. The bottom gaskets are typically a slide in deal and available at the big box stores.

Karry Kyllo

The bottom panel can be replaced also if needed. It’s a fairly simple job that you can do yourself. Paint to match and it’s done.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

If your going to work on a garage door all I have to say is –

Vice Grips!

and make sure you have a couple good pair.

Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

First off thanks for all the suggestions.

Hey Eelpoutguy – Oh I’m not messing with the tension of a garage door. I need a serviceman to come in and do the replacement. The door is worn out more then just fixing the rubber on the bottom. That’s why I’m hoping someone in the garage door business can help.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

waytogo
    Good plan Ed.

iowa_josh

You need to find who sells the brand your door is. Start with that.

Deleted

I paid $1,059 for a brand new insulated double garage door in 2015, installed. I’d shop that job around and get someone who is serious.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.