Gander 50% off fishing gear and Clothing

• bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Who knew about the Sam members 50% off at Gander? Ice suits are 50% all the rods and reels were gone. Some tackle left

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I didn’t. Dropped my Sams membership when they closed the St. Louis Park store. Haven’t been to a Gander since they closed the Eden Prairie store.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

I kinda liked the Lakeville one when they first re-opened as Gander Outdoors before Camping World took it over. At least it was better than the old Gander Mountain. I bought my Kayak there and also signed up for Good Sam membership for the discount. But once Camping World moved in, they basically made it an RV store with much less fishing, camping and hunting stuff. So I let my Good Sam membership expire. Would be nice to get a good discount like that – Are these close-out items?

blank
    Participant

They’re calling it a warehouse sale. It’s all fishing stuff. When talking to a guy at the Baxter store, he said they were reducing their fishing department and making room for boats. Who knows what exactly that will entail, but it could be interesting. Hopefully they’re just reducing the stuff that doesn’t sell, like their Penn saltwater combos, and not reducing their stuff that’s relevant to their store location.

fishingdakotacountymn
    Participant

I may or may not have taken complete advantage of the sale )

Guy in front of me bought $4k of loomis and shimano stuff

deertracker
    Participant

Is this online as well or only in store?
    DT

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

In store only till Sunday I think, I picked up some $129 size 20 spinning reels for $61 and hooks and plastics for like .88cents a pack. Lots of cranks left Rapala’s are $3.50 ea that’s a deal and a half.

Is this online as well or only in store?
    DT

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

There can’t be anything decent left in those stores still is there?

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Seems they’re all giving up on gear and moving into vehicle sales. Fine by me, I’ll just go to Scheels )

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Seems they’re all giving up on gear and moving into vehicle sales. Fine by me, I’ll just go to Scheels )

Scheels will corner the market and raise prices

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

With the demand that fishing gear has currently I think we’re going to see it all go up in price.

blank
    Participant

I can only speak for the Baxter store, rods and reels had been wiped pretty clean as of Sunday, but still lots of tackle available. But I believe they just got a shipment of new fishing stuff yesterday or today. I don’t understand any of the reasoning.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I mean they’ve only been going out of business for the last 7 years….. jester

Charles
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

I can only speak for the Baxter store, rods and reels had been wiped pretty clean as of Sunday, but still lots of tackle available. But I believe they just got a shipment of new fishing stuff yesterday or today. I don’t understand any of the reasoning.

I know one of the managers. BTW the fishing gear they are getting is ICE fishing. They will be stocking soon he says lol

So they are down sizing clothes and fishing tackle for… Get Ready!!

Boats and more camper stuff. What boat brand? they don’t know lol.

Still can’t believe Brainerd/Baxter can’t have a Throne Brothers/Capera/marine general style store in town, you would think that would make it.

Deuces
    Participant

Still can’t believe Brainerd/Baxter can’t have a Throne Brothers/Capera/marine general style store in town, you would think that would make it.

Exactly my thoughts. Was just there this past week and was wondering same thing.

Where’s the Scheels or reeds?!

Is the reeds in onamia ever open? Swear everytime I drive by the place it’s closed, could be bad timing.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Yeah Beads there open, but no sure on there hours. I also wonder why we can’t have more of the fishing/ outdoor stores here in the metro. With the down sides of all the others I have to think a real player would thrive in this market.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

Exactly my thoughts. Was just there this past week and was wondering same thing.

Where’s the Scheels or reeds?!

Is the reeds in onamia ever open? Swear everytime I drive by the place it’s closed, could be bad timing.

I hope Onamia Reeds is doing good but honestly, seems like a horrible location (terrible intersection for getting out) with horrible hrs. It always seems closed when I drive north. Reeds in Brainard would have been way better but that would potentially slice into Walkers.

tswoboda
    Participant

I hope Onamia Reeds is doing good but honestly, seems like a horrible location (terrible intersection for getting out) with horrible hrs. It always seems closed when I drive north. Reeds in Brainard would have been way better but that would potentially slice into Walkers.

You remember there was a Reeds in Baxter, right? The building was bigger than Onamia and Walker Reeds combined, very nice store.

It was bought out by Gander Mtn with a no compete clause radius… thus the store in Onamia was born.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I also wonder why we can’t have more of the fishing/ outdoor stores here in the metro. With the down sides of all the others I have to think a real player would thrive in this market.

Because before covid made fishing popular with the masses they were all losing money and closing.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Yet Capras and Thorne Bros, a couple that have stock and do it the right way have stayed in business, weird.

B-man
    Participant

I never would have known about the sale until I read it here.

Now my wallet is $250 lighter jester

You sons of bitches mrgreen

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Wait you only spent $250 shock

I’m going tonight with a buddy to Forest Lake, hope the shelves are not bare.

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Talked to a guy who was trying to sell me a membership. I told him no way. They sold out most their fishing crap a week and a half ago when the sale started. What good would it do me, they don’t have anything anymore. Guy claimed they had 50 some pallets of fishing gear coming in. But we’ll see if there’s any truth to that.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

I mean they’ve only been going out of business for the last 7 years….. jester

There was an Indian rug business in downtown Chicago that was going out of business for years. Maybe it’s a great business plan.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Baxter restocked a ton of rods and tackle yesterday. Its everything, not just dead stock. Great sale!

B-man
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Wait you only spent $250 shock

I’m going tonight with a buddy to Forest Lake, hope the shelves are not bare.

It should have been worse. I had four Big Jon racheting rod holders ($90 a crack) in my cart that were right under a 50% off sign….at the register the clerk said they were considered “marine” and not “fishing.” doah

They stayed in the store….But I got a heck of a deal on a bunch of Spin Doctor flashers, a few flies, spoons, cranks, terminal and a net

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

They did this when the stores originally closed. I worked right by the one in Eden Prairie…..they kept saying they were out of inventory but everyday more showed up.

My guess is these guys are buying liquidated stuff in addition to their own inventory. There were some great deals if you hit the store at the right time.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

Great deals on ALL brands and ALL lines of ice suits today. Strikemaster Pro & Striker Hardwater at $125 each piece. Predator was at $100.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Well it’s still going on, I made a mistake and stopped by the forest lake one yesterday. 300 bucks later and I still might have to stop back for more.

Stanley
    Participant

We went to the Baxter one couple weeks ago. Yep $300 when we left then the weekend after that we were up there again and $180 gone. Last time we were there it was 50% off for anyone and 60% for club members.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.