G Loomis IMX pro ice rods

• Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

I never thought I would see a $200 ice rod. They should be in the store soon so I can get my hands on one. I will not buy one. Whats next, a Sage $300 ice rod.

https://www.gloomis.com/content/gloomis/northamerica/usconv/en/homepage/PDP.P-IMX_PRO_ICE.html

Action, sensitivity, and purposeful construction are the driving forces behind the new line of G. Loomis IMX-PRO Ice rods. Built specifically for the avid ice-fishing angler, two different manufacturing methods produce the best performance, action and power for a variety of ice fishing situations. Seven models feature Tubular IMX-PRO graphite construction with fast actions for increased sensitivity and decreased weight when targeting walleye, pike, lake trout and other large species. For panfish and lighter applications, five models feature Solid IMX-PRO construction with incredibly fast tapers and extra-fast actions for enhanced strike detection and hook-setting performance. All models of the IMX-PRO Ice rods feature a Hybrid Guide System and are outfitted with ultra-lightweight REC recoil guides to facilitate ice managment while the solid, stanless-steel tip provides increased rigidity and consistent shape. Innovative features combined with a five-year limited warranty, the new line of G. Loomis IMX-PRO Ice rods are the pinnacle of every ice fishing Experience.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I love my G Loomis jigging rods but not sure with all the customs being around $100 if I could see spending $200 but can’t rule it out until I get a look.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

When I was looking for more information on these rods I saw one site offering payment plans for a fishing rod. shock

Jamin
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

My initial thought is I hope these are a flop. I’d hate to see TUCR, TB, Elliott, etc think they can start inflating their prices.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

My initial thought is I hope these are a flop. I’d hate to see TUCR, TB, Elliott, etc think they can start inflating their prices.

LOL When I saw them the first thing I thought was I am not charging enough for the rods I make.

Jamin
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Haha, that crossed my mind as well shortly after posting!

I know we talked at the sturgeon gtg last January but would like to connect again here soon for a different project. I’ll shoot ya a PM later today. I need to get in before your GL price increases take effect. mrgreen

tswoboda
    Participant

Nice to see ice rods finally being built on blanks that cost more than $5.

bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

“Tubular IMX-PRO graphite construction” Junk. No one will build ice rods on Tubular blanks because they break and its hard to get the fast tip action.

bigpike
    Participant

My daughter is working at St Croix. I get 45% ice rods through her. yay

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

My daughter is working at St Croix. I get 45% ice rods through her.

Proud Dad brag. That awesome, good for her. Will it come with her name written on it like they do with the open water rods? This was something they did to try and prevent people from buying them at a discount and reselling them to make a profit.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

“Tubular IMX-PRO graphite construction” Junk. No one will build ice rods on Tubular blanks because they break and its hard to get the fast tip action.

Some of St. Croix Custom Ice rods are made from tubular blanks. I have not heard much about them having problems. I personally would not build an ice rod on a tubular blank but maybe they got it figured out. I wish there was a way I could try them side by side with the rods I make.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

I would love to fish one of these high end rods in one hand and one of my own rods in the other hand and really see what kind of difference there is.

bigpike
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>

Proud Dad brag. That awesome, good for her. Will it come with her name written on it like they do with the open water rods? This was something they did to try and prevent people from buying them at a discount and reselling them to make a profit.

Not sure but I will find out!

slipperybob
    Participant
    Lil'Can, MN

It was just a matter of time before the rod prices would be so upscaled…

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rodwork wrote:</div>

Yup thats what they did with my buddies rods as well. I once had a whole fleet that said Aaron on them lol

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

bigpike wrote:
    <div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rodwork wrote:</div>

Yup thats what they did with my buddies rods as well. I once had a whole fleet that said Aaron on them lol

I have a couple that say Jessica toast

bfishn
    Participant

I guess my custom TUCR Commander for $130 last year doesn’t seem too bad now.

tucrs
    Participant
    NW Metro

Wow…

maddogg
    Participant

When I was a kid I used a hand whittled cedar stick for jigging and hand-lined all my fish when ice fishing for walleyes.I can’t say I catch more fish now using a $100 dollar rod and reel.

Eric Hammerud
    Participant

I’m sure they nice but I’ll stick to my thorn bros customs…..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.