Waubay SD Info. / help

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

The buddies and I are thinking about changing up our fall fishing location. For the last 10 or so years we’ve made a fall trip ( Mid Sept – early Oct. ) to Leech lake. We are thinking about making a location change this fall. We are thinking about giving the Waubay SD area a try. Anyone have any lodging recommendations they would like to make. We most likely will have a group of 8-12 guys. It would be nice to find a resort with room enough to get everyone into one location if possible. Plan to mostly fish Perch and Eye’s but would also like to get in on some great fall smallmouth action if possible. Any and all Info. anyone cares to share to get me started in the right direction would be most appreciated.

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

We stay Lynn Lake Lodge. They can handle you group no problem we have been staying there for years. They are a mile from Lynn Lake and about 8 mile from Waubay. All the units are very clean with cable TV A/C full cooking etc. They have bait tackle on site. Look them up. We like being able to access so many lakes in the Webster area. If one is slow you will find one that isn’t.

Mwal

youngfry
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

I was going to recommend the same thing. That or Roy Lake Resort which is right on Roy Lake. It is a little farther north from Waubay area lakes but not far… plus Roy Lake would have perch, walleyes, and is LOADED with big bass (SMB and LMB)! Topwater bite is usually good there too… although probably not into October. Quinton Bierman on this site can give you an up to date fishing report as you get closer. Also check with the bait shop in Webster. Good Luck!

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

A guy just posted this afternoon about his trip there, shoot him a pm. post title was south dakota glacial lakes trip

shane123
    Participant
    Anthon, Iowa

we went to bitter yesterday, from 430 to 830, and slammed the eyes, was a blast. about 60 of them in 4 hours. Only a couple were keepers, but it was a blast. Trolling slow death along the east side in about 15 feet of water.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Have a good rental deal as well country farm house

bullcans
    Participant
    Northfield MN

Hey Quinton

Can you offer this reference to me as well please?

Thx

Trying to get back out there the 1st 1/2 of September

irishman
    Participant

Four of us are thinking of going out to the Waubay area the weekend of the 14th or 21st of Sept. Can you recommend any places to say? We are interested in fishing for whatever is biting best.

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Heading up there this coming weekend. Staying on Roy. Had good smallie action on Clear. One of my buddies wants to focus on walleyes for a bit. Would you suggest Waubay or Bitter ? Would trolling cranks be reasonable? Thanks

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Waubay can be really good, have to sort through the whitebass. Small shad raps #5 in size as well as smaller glass shads work well on leadcore otherwise find a good weedline up on the NE side of the lake near buckshot resort some people are pulling fish in 12-14 fow up near that way. – QB

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks. Where’s the best place to get a burger and a beer. Thanks

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

The Galley in Webster has good food and multiple taps but the nicest plast around is Bitter Lake Lodge on Bitter lake just two miles south fo the town of Waubay, they have many more taps and sit right over Bitter Lake, Friend staff and great service. -QB

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

What acces should a guy coming from Roy use on Waubay to get to the NE side. I will quit asking questions. I promise. Thanks

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

If you come down state hwy 25 you will be able to turn left toward Grenville and use the state access on the north side of the lake, -QB

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks. Can’t wait!

ssaamm
    Participant
    Pequot Lakes

Had a great trip. Roy and Clear were great. Enemy Swim ok at best. Carmel rolls in Eden were excellent. Caught the biggest crappies I’ve caught in a while dropshotting for bass– kinda strange.

jeremystouffer
    Participant

anyone have any advice on jan perch fishing for the area,will be our first trip out that way and we are kinda in the dark as where to go for some jumbo’s

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.