Heading to Vermilion in June

• spyder357
    Participant

Any suggestions on how to fish early June for walleye. Heading up there with my dad, honestly haven’t lake fished that much for walleye.

Not looking for any spots, just bait/tackle/technique tips for that time of year.

Thanks,
    Spyder

Brian Hoffies
    Participant
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Fish should still be shallow. Try slip bobbers, ask your resort for locations. There are guides up there also.

DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Depending on how fast things heat up, most people will probably still be using minnows and jigs or lindy rigs. The fish probably will just be moving out onto the deeper humps/reefs on Big Bay.

But as always on Vermilion, you can find fish from 2-40′ at almost any time of year.

We will be up for the week after opener, I will try to post an update on conditions (assuming the ice goes out on time).

What end of the lake will you be fishing?

Lil Guppy
    Participant
    Lake City, Mn

I was up there the second week of June last year. We caught a few long lining original floaters in 2-5 feet of water. Orange in color seemed to be the best. We had better luck pulling lead core in 18-20 feet of water with jointed Shad Raps. Better quality fish at least. Good luck.

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

X2 on DaveB. Basic-jigging and rigging. I’d have some leeches in the boat.

spyder357
    Participant

Thanks for the replies

Cant wait to go, the place we’re going to be staying is pretty much right in the middle, on Frazer bay it looks like…we’ll probably try all over the place.

Seems like Daisy Bay gets a lot of hits and found a few youtube videos of people catching fish around that area. Also picked up a FHS map…probably try a bunch of those as I’ve had good luck with them in the past.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Super beautiful lake but its not wilderness fishing and you will have to work for your fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.