Shagawa lake,Ely,mn

• mike_anderson
    Participant
    Alborn,Minnesota

Heading up to fish this lake sunday. I was hoping to get some info on the lake about walleyes.
    Thanks
    Mike

steve_foss
    Participant
    Ely, MN, USA

Mike, the bite has been pretty good. Leeches/crawlers on shoreline and island structure. Depth varies based on time of day and weather conditions. Slip bobbering works if you find concentrations of fish. Otherwise drag bait rigs. Trolling cranks across structure is another option.

We’ve got cooler weather right now, and it may stay rainy all weekend. Hard to say.

Swing into Babe’s Bait and Tackle (first business on the left as you come into town from Tower) and get your bait from Russ and Linda. If Russ is there, he’ll give you some tips. He fishes Shags a lot.

Good luck!

llong
    Participant

whatever you do, do not waste your time fishinng by sandy point!!! it looks real good but the only eyes I have ever caught there were dinks. It is easy to tell when you see a boat fishing sandy that they are not a local fishing for eyes, or if your out at night guys are fishing muskies along the shoreline. the hump straight out from the grand ely lodge can be good. there is structure that is not on the maps. longstorf bay is usually good, there are a few hidden rock humps down there. good luck

blizzisu
    Participant

How was the fishing on Shagawa? I’m heading up to Shagawa on 8/13. This will be my 4th year up there and I’m getting a little better at fishing the lake each year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.