??? Jason

• Anonymous

Hey Jason,

My buddies are making their annual out to Erie in the end of April. Historically what type of info can you provide me with to pass along about tackle, methods ect.. They will be fishing the western basin, out Port Clinton somewhere. They are bringing their own boats this year and will be staying on some island. I’ll try and get you more specifics. Thanks!!!

Anonymous

The weather here in April has such an impact on the fishing that its difficult to speculate where the “Hot Bite” will be.

Usually by the end of April there is a good trolling bite north of the reef complex that is located just off of the Davis Besse nuke stacks and in the deeper water located north/northeast of Kellys Island. Reefrunner deepdivers trolled really slow behind inline boards or flatlines. There is also a pretty good jigging bite that time of year on the reefs. I did real well last year with 3/8-1/2oz gold jigs with a 3″ lunkergrub tail and tipped with an emerald shiner. I also did real well with a blade bait lure called a vibe-e. 3/4oz gold or chart. were the hot colors…

Let me know where they are staying and I will get you some info on local baitshops and where to launch…

If you need any vibe-e’s email Jim Corey here on the board, he is on their Pro-Staff and also has a baitshop here in Ohio. He has one of the largest selections of vibe e’s I have ever seen!!

If you have any other questions let me know…

Jason

Anonymous

Thanks, I’ll get back to you when I know more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.